Hello, just diagnosed with lymphoma

New Contributor

Hello, just diagnosed with lymphoma

Hey folks,

Hello. Yesterday I was told I had lymphoma. The oncologist is out of hte office until next week, so I have very little info. I don't know what kind of lymphoma, or what state. I think it is likley at a very early stage. I noticed a lump under my left jaw. It is about hte size of a golf ball. On Wednsday I see the oncologist for a complete break down of what I have, what are the treatment options, prognosis, etc. I also have MS that has recently become active again. Today I am just sitting back and breathing. Tomorrow I will begin with what is next. So hello to you all. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cancer Council Team

Re: Hello, just diagnosed with lymphoma

Hi @jcricket and welcome!

Sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis, I hope you find out soon what type of lyphoma it is!

Here are some resources that may help in the meantime:

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi @jcricket , yes , sorry to hear of your diagnosis. You would have had your appointment by now i guess , i hope it went well. I have had Lymphoma now for 7 years and mangaged to get on a clinical trial for a new drug and i’m doing really well with a pretty good long term prognosis. Let us know what you have etc when you have time, good luck .......david. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Well folks,

I found out today. I have b-cell non hodgkins lymphoma, large cell, high grade. I am going to have many more tests in the next few day/weeks. The doctor believes we caught it very early and is very confident he can cure this. My head is in a bit of a whirlwind right now so I am kind of rambling. But, the end result does look good. The next six months may be kind of tough, but I am quite hopeful to make it through this. 

THanks for checking in on me. I will write more tomorrow after I get my head together a bit.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.