Hello, just diagnosed with lymphoma

jcricket
New Contributor

Hello, just diagnosed with lymphoma

Hey folks,

Hello. Yesterday I was told I had lymphoma. The oncologist is out of hte office until next week, so I have very little info. I don't know what kind of lymphoma, or what state. I think it is likley at a very early stage. I noticed a lump under my left jaw. It is about hte size of a golf ball. On Wednsday I see the oncologist for a complete break down of what I have, what are the treatment options, prognosis, etc. I also have MS that has recently become active again. Today I am just sitting back and breathing. Tomorrow I will begin with what is next. So hello to you all. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Hello, just diagnosed with lymphoma

Hi @jcricket and welcome!

Sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis, I hope you find out soon what type of lyphoma it is!

Here are some resources that may help in the meantime:

0 Kudos
DavidYoung
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jcricket , yes , sorry to hear of your diagnosis. You would have had your appointment by now i guess , i hope it went well. I have had Lymphoma now for 7 years and mangaged to get on a clinical trial for a new drug and i’m doing really well with a pretty good long term prognosis. Let us know what you have etc when you have time, good luck .......david. 

0 Kudos
jcricket
New Contributor

Well folks,

I found out today. I have b-cell non hodgkins lymphoma, large cell, high grade. I am going to have many more tests in the next few day/weeks. The doctor believes we caught it very early and is very confident he can cure this. My head is in a bit of a whirlwind right now so I am kind of rambling. But, the end result does look good. The next six months may be kind of tough, but I am quite hopeful to make it through this. 

THanks for checking in on me. I will write more tomorrow after I get my head together a bit.

Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

I see that you posted this a few years back. 

Just checking to see how you are doing and how things when. 

I'm pretty sure I have the same cancer as you. 

I should know more next week. 

I'm trying to get as much information i can so I'm ready if I do. 

I hope all is well with you 

0 Kudos
DavidYoung
Occasional Contributor

hi there, i have waldenstroms macroglobulinemia or wm for short. if this what you have you can go to https://wmozzies.com.au and get a lot of info, also there are links there to iwmf with even more info. For any other types of lymphoma go to Leukaemia foundation or Lymphoma Australia. Let me know if its WM and i'd be happy to chat with you, the new drugs for wm and a lot of lymphomas are pretty good and give us a much better prognosis. I've been on a clinical  trial for Zanubrutinib for 4 years and doing great. .Good luck with news for next week .......david 

0 Kudos
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Dave

Thanks for taking the time to reply 

I'm definitely going to research the importance you shared 

As I mentioned I'm expecting a biopsy report any day now. 

A lot of people feel I'm spending to much time on researching cancer. 

I love researching about things I don't know or understand. I have learned I knew next to nothing about cancer. 

Glad to hear things are going well in your treatment. 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.