I am completely numb

Tracylyn61
Visitor

I am completely numb

I was diagnosed with stage 1 endometrial cancer.  I had an abdominal and transvag ultrasound sound which showed 15 mm thickening of uterine wall.  Had a biopsy done in doctors office and it came back as stage 1.  The doctor I’m sure was offering me comfort by saying a hysterectomy should solve your problem.   I’m suppose to see a gyn oncologist for further testing. I’m extremely stressed out because I have health anxiety. I am on norethindrone 15 miligrams per day to help control the bleeding. The bleeding is taking a toll on me.  I feel I can’t leave the house without maxi pads   Because I bleed   I am still in shock because I don’t think anyone expects to hear the word cancer.  I’m thankful for sites like this. I need all the support I can get. 

5 REPLIES 5
RJG
Frequent Contributor

Re: I am completely numb

Hi Tracylyn61,

Welcome to our community.

It must be extra tough for people like you who suffer consequential effects from thei cancer. These consequential effects obviously range from negligible, as I have had with my goastro-oesophageal cancer, through to disfigurement from oral cancer.

I'm not entirely clear about the specific type of support that you are looking for here, but just keep posting to get everything off your chest. Hopefully we will have anacdotes or advice in response to each of your concerns.

And prepare before you attend any of your medial appointments so that you don't forget to ask questions that are playing on your mind. I kept a list of symptoms and questions on my smart phone so that I could add to it where ever I might be when they came to mind and then could go through them one by one when I attend my appointments.

Best wishes to you, and keep postig.

Rick

Fay
New Contributor

Hi Tracey

I like you have been diagnosed with uterine cancer & am numb too. You don't believe that it could happen to you. I know how you feel.I take it a day at a time & try to make the most of each day. I'm not getting any support from my sister & am relying on the few special friends I have. Focus on what is important to you & remember that there is progressive medicine & a cure around the corner.

Fay
New Contributor

Thinking of you. I have been diagnosed with uterine cancer too so I understand what you are going through.

0 Kudos
Christine1
Occasional Visitor

I was diagnosed with stage 2c Ovarian Cancer, Stage 1 Uterine Cancer, and they found a small tumor on my colon. I was having abdominal pain ( severe ) and I finally had a CT scan with contrast done and they found a 15cm mass on my ovary. They recommended a hysterectomy to make sure they got it all and for the pain to be gone etc..... I opted for the hysterectomy (the pain did leave along with the bleeding) then I just needed to recover from the surgery. I started chemotherapy I’m on my 3rd treatment of 6 that are needed. If you have any questions feel free to ask 

0 Kudos
randrace
New Contributor

The good news: you are going to live! The bleeding may be scary, but you got a preferable diagnosis and should pull through fine. Take it from a guy with stage 4 Colon cancer, you got one of the good cancers: the curable kind.

You are going to be okay.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.