I feel so alone

Mignon
Contributor

Re: I feel so alone

Dear Ashes, never apologize for being negative, you have every right to be. This is a good place to just be...to just say it how it is.. My heart goes out to you. Cheers Mignon
Kate_Unicorn
Contributor

Hi All, Felix and I just wanted to drop in at this point and acknowledge that there have been some pretty difficult issues being discussed in this thread. I think it demonstrates how complex and challenging things can be when cancer is in the picture, especially when it happens alongside already difficult times. We also really wanted to acknowledge the wonderful support that we see happening here – I am so glad that this community has identified itself so strongly as a place where people can just say it “how it is”, and that they will be listened to and not judged. There have already been some great suggestions about strategies etc, but we did want to make sure that people (including future readers of this thread) were aware of some of the other supports available. Cancer Council Helpline - 13 11 20 (opening hours vary across the states) Lifeline 13 11 14 (24 hour service) Your local GP Emergency – 000 (24 hours) Family Relationship Advice Line – 1800 050 321 (24 hours) Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Helpline 1800 200 526 (24 hours) Men’s Line – 1300 78 99 78 (24 hours) Kids Helpline (5 – 25 years) 1800 551 800 (24 hours) Importantly, keep talking and sharing - this is what Cancer Connections is here for! Warm Regards, Kate and Felix Cancer Connections Admin Team
ashes
Contributor

Thanks Mignon. Your words are apppreciated. Ash
ashes
Contributor

Thanks Kate and Felix. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Ash
ashes
Contributor

Hi Harker Thanks for your reply. Its been hard to find and talk to people with MM as you probably know. There are so many different cancers and MM has its own unique qualities. What is your history? And your prognosis? What Meds are you on? Where are your tumours? I have had Chemo, Radiotherapy and a Bone Marrow Transplant using my own marrow. So far this hasnt helped. I have been on Thalidamide for a year or so as well as Morphine, Methadone, Oxycontin and a host of other pills to help with the many side affects of the cancer and the different pills. Its like going around in circles. Looking forward to speaking further. Regards Ash
Not applicable

Hi Locky I feel your pain, and I fully understand when you say you feel so alone. There is nothing that anyone can say or do to make it any better but this is a great community and very supportive so you found a great place to be! Keep talking, they have fantastic ears around here!! Best of luck to you, you hang in there ok?
Not applicable

Hi Locky I feel your pain, and I fully understand when you say you feel so alone. There is nothing that anyone can say or do to make it any better but this is a great community and very supportive so you found a great place to be! Keep talking, they have fantastic ears around here!! Best of luck to you, you hang in there ok?
0 Kudos
Jax
Occasional Contributor

I think we have all felt/feel the same. Family and friends try to say all the right things like "stay positive" its all going to be ok. This sometimes seems to be for there own benefit i feel. Yes I am trying to stay positive, but this cancer is happening to me, and its very real for me. I made a mistake last night, I have been wanting a little dog to keep me company. My kids were also excited, so we ended up going onto gumtree and went and saw and brought home a gorgeous little maltese from just around the corner. However, i didnt take into account the amount of "work" involved and was just after the companionship. this dog was gorgeous, but after a few hours he ended up chasing my daughters bunny which now has a sore foot. I feel really bad and keep beating myself up about it and feel very "selfish" for putting my family and other pets in this situation. We rang the owner and took him back, I told her that he really belongs with her as she and he have such a strong soul connection so it was actually something that turned around an ugly situation as she is now keeping him. So now Im questioning myself, is my cancer making me a selfish person who doesnt give a damn about things? I am crying as I write this as if you knew me before cancer, I am the most unselfish giving person out there. Have I changed and is this the new me?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Jax, Yep, the first thing family, friends said to me was Stay Positive, and yeah you try to, but yep its not happening to them, its happening to yourself. Its good to have people around who care, etc, Do not feel bad about an animal not working out in your family environment, these things happen to anyone and you had the best intentions at the time so that is not being selfish at all. I have myself been going through periods of anger, (more at the cancer)and not giving a damn. I think that is only natural and a part of dealing with having your life turned upside down in a heartbeat. Do not question yourself, just be. You have not changed, your just dealing with a crap card dealt, that is all. Stay strong to yourself, cry all you want, you are definitely not alone there. Hugs.
0 Kudos
Mignon
Contributor

Thinking of you, how are you traveling today? Regards mignon
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.