I have cancer

maveson2
Occasional Contributor

I have cancer

I was just diagnosed with both uterine and cervical adenocarcinoma. Stage 2. Things are going so fast. I was diagnosed on Monday and have been referred to the UVA Cancer Center for this coming Wednesday. This is where l will be treatment. 
I don’t know what to expect and l am in a state of numbness and anxiety. I haven’t written publicly about my condition. I think that joining this forum may help me cope with my feelings. 

19 REPLIES 19
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Re: I have cancer

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. 

I would research your cancer and the potential treatment. Take notes and ask questions. Just remember some react different to the treatments. 

3 weeks ago I had my first treatment. 

Only real side effect i had was a few days I was very tired. And this morning I noticed my hair is starting to fall off. Tomorrow I get my second treatment. Hopefully I have the same results. Treatment will be over meddle February. 

I'm just getting chemo and 4 other meds for my lymphoma that is also just stage 2.

Stay positive and strong. Don't let this steal your happiness. 

WEGOTTHIS 

maveson2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your support. 

0 Kudos
maveson2
Occasional Contributor

To Wegotthis,

l hope that your treatment is not too difficult. I wish you well. 
maveson

LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi maveson2, so sorry for your diagnosis! Such a shock for you. I hope you have lots of support from loved ones. All of us on this forum understand the anxiety that comes with a cancer diagnosis. I know once I started treatment I just accepted it and wasn’t so anxious anymore. My husbands support was amazing and I would have found it way more unbearable if he didn’t stand with me every step of the way. Lots of love coming your way and try and not take more than one day at a time. 💕💕 Linda G 

maveson2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. My husband is also very supportive of me, as well as my family.

I am going to the cancer center, which is an hour from my home today, for treatment planning. I will let you know how that turns out.
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

I'm happy to hear that your husband is being supportive. My heart hurts for him.I thank God that I have lymphoma and not my wife 

Have you found out what your treatments are going to be? 

I'm finding that the day after chemo is not bad. But on the second day it's been a little challenging. I been able to keep working so far. I get chemo on a Wednesday by Friday morning I'm not feeling well when I wake up. 

By Saturday I'm back to feeling better. 

I plan on taking Friday off and work on Saturday to make up lost hours. 

4 more treatments to go !!!

I hope you are having a great day 

maveson2
Occasional Contributor

The treatment l have scheduled is a total hysterectomy to be done on 01/3/2022. I will be waiting for the results of the pathology report to determine if any additional treatment is needed. Thank you for your continued support.
0 Kudos
maveson2
Occasional Contributor

Did you receive my last post? It was
Delivered two weeks ago.
maveson12
0 Kudos
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi Maveson2,  yes your post came through. At least you have a date for your procedure although it might feel like a long wait for you. Hope you can just stay busy and get yourself ready for recovery time after your op. Hope you were able to enjoy Christmas. 💕💕 Linda G 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.