Just been diagnosed with cervical cancer 3b

Daisygirl65
New Contributor

Just been diagnosed with cervical cancer 3b

Four weeks ago I was diagnosed with cervical cancer 3b.Had my normal Pap smear test 18months ago and it came back cin3 then was sent of to a gyno which he did a biopsy which came back normal.Started bleeding so went back to gyno and after several test was told I have cancer.Three weeks I start my treatment(radiation/chemo)Would like to talk to people who are going through treatment or who have already been through it. Thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Robyn
Occasional Contributor

Re: Just been diagnosed with cervical cancer 3b

Hello Mine maybe different as I had a radical hysterectomy on 31 Oct 2012. They think it started in the cervix but it was in my ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and cervix. I have 3 types of cells also and one type is a rare type called neuroendocrine. I have just completed 4 cycles of chemo cabo/taxol and will have a PET scan this month then maybe radiation depending on the results. I wish you all the best with your treatment. Cheers Robyn
0 Kudos
Daisygirl65
New Contributor

Hi Robyn,.. Here's my journey. Cin 3 Pap smear sept 2011 Follow up biopsy with gyno showed negative pathology told all good. Feb 2nd went back to same gyno with spotting and another biopsy showed invasive squamous cell cancer. Followed with ct scans, pet scans and colosphy (camera thing) and further biopsy. Diagnosed 18th of feb with stage 3b, grade 3 squamous cell with compression of left uretha and pelvic wall involvement. Pet scan showed no node involvement. 3 procedures to stent kidney failed, now got bag to drain kidney and start chemo/rad on march 20th for 25 sessions followed by 5 sessions of brackey therapy. Wishing you good luck with pet scan and if radiation. Cheers Debbie 🙂
0 Kudos
Robyn
Occasional Contributor

Hi Debbie I had a pap smear on 10 May 2012 and was told all was good but at end of July my doctor got a letter to say they had made a mistake with the pap smear test. We were away at the time and we came back at end of August. Had an ultrasound, d & c, Hysteroscopy in September then got referred to gynaelogical oncologist in October then had the op. My treatment sounds different to yours but if you go to groups up the top of the page you can request to join a gynaelogical cancer group which I am in and I know others in the group have had the treatment you are going to have. They maybe able to give you some tips. We have a chat room session once a month also and that was last night. Best of Luck with your journey. Robyn
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.