Just been diagnosed with incurable bowel cancer

Deano65
New Contributor

Re: Just been diagnosed with incurable bowel cancer

Hi there, I was diagnosed with incurable bowel cancer with spread to lymph nodes, liver and lungs in May 2017. I was told I was incurable, would have palliative care, surgery not possible and I would have 2 years.
I have had panitumimab, iranitecin and flouracil 5fu every fortnight with breaks in between. In July 2018, there was no trace in my liver and lungs and I was allowed surgery
I had a bowel resection and lymph nodes removed. I still don't have my primary tumour though I had a regrowth in my lungs. It will be 4 years in May, far more than I ever imagined.
Stay positive and don't give up.
stevepath

It is happy to know that you are now cancer-free. I hope you are having a great time with your family without worrying.

I would like also to share the power of bowel pathology test which can your life. 

https://knowpathology.com.au/simple-test-save-your-life/

0 Kudos
Deano65
New Contributor

Hi Mel, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I was told I had incurable bowel cancer in May 2017 which was in my bowel, lymph nodes, liver and lungs and given 1 to 2 years. I responded so well to treatment that in September 2018 I had my lymph nodes and section of bowel removed, my liver remains cancer free and I just have 2 nodules in my lung which are treated with chemo. It is now getting closer to 5 years. 

I stay positive, have written a children's book and take each day as it comes. Nobody knows how you will respond to treatment so I wish you good luck.xx

0 Kudos
Michelle77
New Contributor

Hi there 😄 iv been told the same incurable bowel . I was told in sept 2021 and have had 5 IV treatments in hospital and I am on chemo tablets . I kno how u feel when your told it’s incurable . But stay positive as I am trying so hard too as well but I have too. I had some scans since then and all is shrinking and that was some good news . Treatment is effective and will be for u too. I can be here for u as we both have the same. I have down days and probs need to speak to ppl who ‘get it’ !
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.