Just diagnosed with low grade glioma

Nath250
Occasional Contributor

Just diagnosed with low grade glioma

Hi I have just been diagnosed with a 25mm low grade glioma in my right frontal lobe. I am currently waiting on consultation with a neurosurgeon and have been left hanging with little to no information about the tumour. I have headaches constantly and pain in my legs. I am hoping someone can give me an idea of treatment options or if anyone has had a similar experience, the waiting to know is consuming my every thought, it's only been two weeks but I still know nothing. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Just diagnosed with low grade glioma

Hello @Nath250 and welcome!

I am sorry to hear of what you are going through right now. Are you able to contact your neurosurgeon or his office and ask for some clarification or some information? Let them know what you are experiencing with the headaches and pain.

We have a publication that I believe will help you immensely on understanding brain tumours and the different treatments available. It also contains sections on looking after yourself and where you can seek support. You can download this booklet in PDF format here. If you'd like a hard copy, just send me a private message and I will organise that to be sent out to you ASAP.

There is also an opportunity I believe for you with our Connect program, where you could be matched with one of our volunteers who has undergone the same or similar experience as your own for a series of one-to-one chats over the phone. If you're interested in finding out a little more about Connect or just want to chat to someone who can help unravel things a little bit for you, our 13 11 20 team consists of health professionals who are available 9-5, Monday to Friday. I would highly recommend giving the team a call and at least discussing your symptoms with them.

Warm regards,

Kate 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.