LCIS or invasive or DCIS HELP PLEASE

bevvzy
Contributor

LCIS or invasive or DCIS HELP PLEASE

Hi I am part way there but I have some questions re IDC. My biopsy came back this afternoon but the receptionist told me that it was in the "in tray"and the dr had gone home for the day grrrrrr

I found a largish breast mass/lump, quite by accident with the flat of my hand. it is near my breastbone so inner side of breast. I ignored it initally as all the pics on dr google showed the outside of breast and armpit. MIne is inner side near breastbone, I also didnt know you had lymph nodes there too 😞  I have not had a mammogram for 6 years as I was wrongfully informed, after becoming a paraplegic and unable to stand, that it could not be done in a wheelchair. I had ultrasound and 3 core biopsies (3 due to size)  am waiting on biopsy result tomorrow. I have done a lot of reading and it seems the most common are DCIS or LCIS. It is too far away from the nipple (about one inch from breastbone) to be ductal, so am assuming​ng LCIS.  But everything I have read says that it is usually before menopause (I am 55 so passed) and usually has NO symptoms or any palpable lump? (mine is very palpable) and that it isn't really cancer (phew). All I know so far is that the ultrasound report findings were " likely carcinoma, 3 o'clock right breast, approx 20 mm, poorly defined and fixed,. The information all says it is usually found incidentally through a mammogram or tests on the breast for another reason, and that it is NOT usually a palpable lump - mine is so palpable I found it by accident and with the flat palm of my hand. The literature all seems to say that LCIS is usually only found secondary to some other test.

What I want to find out, is there anyone out there that has either DCIS or LCIS that HAD found it as they had a clearly palpable lump (about 20mm or a twenty cent piece), I am so scared now that it is invasive lobular? please make me feel better and tell me yours was quite palpable! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Margaret_CCNSW
Contributor

Re: LCIS or invasive or DCIS HELP PLEASE

Hi bvvzy,

It sounds like an anxious time for you waiting for your biopsy results. It can be overwhelming and difficult to sift through and weigh up all the information available online, in addition to the information from your medical team.

One thing that many people find very helpful is to speak to one of the health professionals on the 13 11 20 Cancer Council Information and Support line. They can "unpack" some of the information you have received and help you to navigate treatment options you may be facing. You can phone 13 11 20 and speak to a health professional from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. The 13 11 20 team can also let you know of support services that may be helpful for you.

Best wishes for your test results and take care,

Margaret

Online Community admin team

bevvzy
Contributor

HI and thanks for the reply 🙂 turns out I was being a bit too optimistic. The biopsy report was invasive ductal carcinoma, hi grade on the Nottingham scale and on desmosplastic strome. I understood everything but the dermoplastic stroma. Did a lot of researching on it but the articles are a little too scholarly to comprehend. What I did pick up on though was that it creates a more invasive, rapid growth and poorer prognosis. If anyone out there does know what desmoplastic stroma is, it would be really good to find out. I wnat to be as educated as I can be to make sure I make the right decisions 🙂

0 Kudos
bevvzy
Contributor

sorry meant desmoplastic stroma!

0 Kudos
bevvzy
Contributor

Hi Margaret, thanks for the support, I did get my results and it is invasive ductal carcinoma, grade 3 on the Nottingham scale??  

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.