Melanoma Stage 3 neck radiation..please tell me what to expect?

Loracdraw
Occasional Contributor

Re: Melanoma Stage 3 neck radiation..please tell me what to expect?

Hi Freddy,

THC and CBD oil are available in Australia now. I get 2 bottles of 30 mls prescribed by my GP. Go to the pharmacy, ask the pharmacist if they know a doctor that will prescribe for you.   $78 for THC and $90 for CBT oil......

Good luck.....I threw out my oxy, Endone and Fentanyl and only use the oil, it's marvelous, I sleep like a baby. ☺️❤️

0 Kudos
Freddy123
New Contributor

Thanks that’s great advice will do I’ll let you know how I go on another point have you had any trouble getting your hands on the nutrition  drinks from nestles called resource I’ve been trying to get through for days without success 

0 Kudos
Loracdraw
Occasional Contributor

Hi Freddy, I think your cancer nurse should be able to get them through the hospital...or have you tried to buy them online? Best wishes, Carol ☺️

0 Kudos
OzStu
Contributor

@Freddy123 

They gave me boxes of them a month or so into treatment.  I think they only give them out to people with feeding tubes.  They do come with a straw though so they must be for drinking too......and they are yummy.   Have no idea where to get them,  that was the first time and last time I ever saw or heard of them.   I have a feeling nestles make them for hospital use only.  That's like the pink lady oral solution.  The gave me scripts for it but the only place I could fill them was the hospital chemist.

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi @Freddy123,

Ask your onc or GP for a referral to a dietitian. They can then prescribe you some nutritional drinks.

Budgie
0 Kudos
AstroChris
Occasional Contributor

Hi All, I received the news this week, we have got the cancer. It was all worth it. Thanks to everyone here for your advice, knowledge and support. It sure is a huge relief.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.