Melanoma and Mesothelioma

Adele
New Contributor

Melanoma and Mesothelioma

I have recently been diagnosed with mnetastatic melanoma Stage 4 and Mesothelioma. I have had surgery to remove what could be seen and am now using complimentary medicine but unsure of some of the advoce given. I would love to talk to survivors of either of these 2 cancers and what helped them
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Leannebillo
New Contributor

Re: Melanoma and Mesothelioma

Hi Adele, my husband has meso he was diagnosed with it 2 yrs ago & still going strong, he's been doing chemo & at this stage it's keeping it stable
0 Kudos
Elise_carter
Occasional Contributor

My husband is 73 was diagnosed with mesothelioma and has just had his first round of chemo to try to buy some time, At his age the chances of having a year or two seem grim. Had his right lung drained and packed with talcum. He slept for a week but didn't have any other reactions to chemo. Had a rash but Dr suggested antihistamines which seemed to help. have just joined and can't find any other people with mesothelioma. Elise.
0 Kudos
Elise_carter
Occasional Contributor

Hi Leannebillo that is good to read....I wonder how old he is? seems the younger the more chance .... how often does he have chemo? Elise.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.