New to this site

Warren
New Contributor

New to this site

Hi All I'm new to this site. As I was diagnosed only a week ago I had to lumps appear over night on my neck> So I went to the Dr. Who promptly sent me for an Ultra sound with FNA. After the Dr finished the Ultrasound with FNA. He asked when I see my GP next. I said in a few weeks. He said no , you will see him today or tomorrow . In fact I'll ring him now . Next day I saw my GP and was told I have Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Is your secondary cancer . So I had CT scan of my head and neck. But this found nothing. But with my symptoms of Sore throat, Loss of voice at times And hard to breath and swallow at other. I'm told it Looks like throat cancer. But that will be for your Oncologist to deal with. Now the wait and the tests begin. I will try and contribute to this site. But I hope to learn and gather strength from here as well Warren
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
PlatonicMissy
New Contributor

Re: New to this site

Hi Warren, please keep us updated, I hope all your treatment is successful and non eventful Carol
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.