Missingmyrock
New Contributor

Hi . I am 43 and was diangosed with rectal cancer 2 months ago In that time I have had radiotherapy with next to no side affects in witch was good. The chemotherapy in table form was bad . I was experiencing heart attack symptoms . And now on top of it all lost my rock my partner my positive and my all . I had a colonoscopy on Wednesday and the tumour had shrunk . What now I have to wait to talk to the doctor on the 16th January and have lost my rock and feeling very alone now with no one on my side and livening in limbo 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Newbie

Hi @Missingmyrock and welcome to the Community,

So sorry to hear of your recent loss and your experiences with chemotherapy, sending hugs and love Heart

I am glad that your tumour has shrunk. You are definitely not alone here! Please post whenever you have the need to, someone is always here somewhere and many of us may have been in the same or have gone through a similar experience.

Our team on 13 11 20 are available as well on Wednesday, they are all trained health professionals and may be able to offer some insight as to the symptoms you have been experiencing.

Kind Regards,

Kate

0 Kudos
Missingmyrock
New Contributor

Thanks Kate . Means so much merry Christmas . Was a hard day to spend it alone with out family or my positive rock around
0 Kudos
Donna1
New Contributor

Hi

im a newbie at this cancer deal too I'm lying awake as just had second round chemo on thursday

i felt the need to reach out to you when I saw your story. I am so sorry for your loss. You have reached out to these guys and this is a start. 

I wish you all all the best. Cancer really sucks and thank you for sharing your story

donna x

0 Kudos
Missingmyrock
New Contributor

Hi Donna 1 . Yeah cancer isn't nice at all . I don't wish it on anyone some of the story's are so sad . U have to stay positive which is hard at times I lay awake thinking of it all and were my life is headed . How are u going with the side affects from chemo . Stay positive
0 Kudos
Donna1
New Contributor

Hi again

im actually doing really well and reading these stories tells me how well

i seem to be coping with little side affects. I have continued to go to work I do get insomnia the first night after chemo but have just been feeling seedy like I have been out on the town with vertigo thrown in

i have been using the cold cap but will not be doing it again as it is painfull and is worse than getting chemo

so bald it is...

i am lucky with my cancer as well, well so far at any rate. I am aware that I have every right to be shitty and angry etc. but I am a practical person so just do what needs to be done and am aware that not everyone's story is like mine

og anything this forum has opened my mind to the many different cancers there are!!! 

You have a good one, one foot in front of the other even just a little way, appreciate the little things

i am listening to my dog growl in her sleep and the morning birds

donna x

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.