Uterine Cancer

Susiegame1
New Contributor

Uterine Cancer

Have recently been diagnosed with Uterine Cancer. Adenocarcinoma 2. Having a hysterectomy performed on 31st July. Am 63 years old. Very nervous although in early stages.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
GHT
Contributor

Re: Uterine Cancer

Dear Susie I had a radical hysterectomy on 30/4/15 for uterine adenocarcinoma so understand your nervousness. I was lucky that no further treatment by way of radiation was needed. I hope you have a successful outcome and good oncologist to guide you. You may not be aware but there is a gyny cancer support group as part of this webpage and we have facilitated chat online once a month as well as online talk between ourselves in between. I found the support and advice from women who have been through similar experiences fantastic and can recommend it. Check the top right of page where it says groups and scroll down to Gynaecological cancer group for info and you can request to join. Being diagnosed with cancer is an emotional time I know and I hope you have good family/friend support. Best wishes GHT
0 Kudos
Robyn
Occasional Contributor

Hi Susie I was the same age as you when I was diagnosed with a rare type of cervical cancer. It is very overwhelming at first but just take each day at a time and try not to worry too much as stress doesn't help. I had a radical hysterectomy in October 2012 and have now been free of cancer for almost 3 years. Like GHT mentioned join the gyny group who are so supportive and have been through the same situation as you are going through now. Don't be afraid to ask any questions as someone will be able to answer you. I think the biggest problem we all have had after surgery is while taking pain killers they make you constipated so make sure they give you something for your bowels. Once they get you up out of bed do lots of walking and drink plenty of water to help the bowels. Best Wishes for your surgery on 31 July. Cheers Robyn
0 Kudos
Susiegame1
New Contributor

Had my total abdominal hysterectomy on 31st July. Now nine weeks since the op. Spent six days in hospital. Had my five weekly check with my doctor. Cancer gone. My three monthly check in early December and will have three to six monthly scans to check but the doctor is pleased with my progress
0 Kudos
Robyn
Occasional Contributor

Great to hear everything went well Susie.
0 Kudos
GHT
Contributor

Susie Great news about your op going well. I hope your recovery continues in a positive way. Best wishes GHT
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.