Waiting for diagnosis after surgery

evaboo
Contributor

Re: Waiting for diagnosis after surgery

Hi Sue, Sorry I didn't reply, I seem to have lost a couple of days, yesterday at the CT and hospital and then today I've just slept.. I'm so glad things are moving forward for you. It must be quite a relief. I'm sure you'll get the information you need to help you plan, even if you don't know exactly what type it is, you'll have a treatment plan. Please let us know how you get on tomorrow. You can do it! Eva x
0 Kudos
rbx4
Occasional Contributor

Hey, fantastic news, I am really happy for you, take those antibiotics and rest up your going to be fine! Me? I'm feeling brighter thanks to support from a lot of very good friends, things will be ok!
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

Ive just read through all these messages, which i previously had no notification of, but i just wanted to say I am SO pleased you have found and supported each other over the pasts weeks/months, Its such a blessing to have someone listen and support you, sorry i wasnt here for you all too, hope things improve for you all 🙂
0 Kudos
evaboo
Contributor

That's the beauty of this site DG. You can come and go as you need support and or have questions. I hope you're doing OK and will pop-in when you need or want us. Thanks for your message. Eva
0 Kudos
Sueblue
Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone for your support so far, it's so helpful to know that I'm not alone. I saw the haematologist yesterday, and had loads of blood tests. Next week I'm having a bone marrow biopsy, PET scan and heart (gate?) test. Then the doctor will ring me at the end of the week to let me know which treatment option I will be having. It will either be radiation therapy only, or chemo (RCHOP) then radiation. I know I will have more waiting ahead of me, but don't feel so bad about it now. It was worse before as I had no real diagnosis, no appointments to see anyone. Although I still don't have an exact diagnosis, hopefully the tests next week will give more information, and if they don't there will still be a treatment plan. Hope everyone else is doing well, Sue
0 Kudos
Sueblue
Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone for your support so far, it's so helpful to know that I'm not alone. I saw the haematologist yesterday, and had loads of blood tests. Next week I'm having a bone marrow biopsy, PET scan and heart (gate?) test. Then the doctor will ring me at the end of the week to let me know which treatment option I will be having. It will either be radiation therapy only, or chemo (RCHOP) then radiation. I know I will have more waiting ahead of me, but don't feel so bad about it now. It was worse before as I had no real diagnosis, no appointments to see anyone. Although I still don't have an exact diagnosis, hopefully the tests next week will give more information, and if they don't there will still be a treatment plan. Hope everyone else is doing well, Sue
0 Kudos
rbx4
Occasional Contributor

Sounds like their on top of things and you'll get a clearer picture of it soon. I'll be pleased just to get an acknowledgement from the hospital that I'm in the queue.
0 Kudos
Juno888
Occasional Contributor

Hi rbx4 I think most of us have found that the beginning is so full of uncertainty as we wait to be informed of appointments while wishing they were yesterday. Unfortunatley we are part of a system which has a process and although we are individauls worried about our lives still trying to maitain some sort of control there is a point where you just have to let go and trust the process. Not easy, not easy for me being an independant, autonomous adult with a strong will etc... You will get there and then you will be at another point of the journey and with more knowledge than when you started. Thanks for acknowleging the support we have given one another it has been invaluable for sure. It has made life easier to cope with and to know that someone understands and listens makes the world of difference. Take care June
0 Kudos
Juno888
Occasional Contributor

Hi All Update. Chemo not any benefit for me as I am only grade 1a3. They dont do it for my grade. Not sure what to think about it. My worry is that I had 80% adenocarcinoma (common and not to bad) but 20% clear cell which is agressive and spreads. The clear cell is what was around my blood vessels. So I am concerned that if they leave it I will get it elsewhere. I was offered either radiotherapy (internal or external) external only targets the structures left in case the cancer has gone there but the external targets the whole pelvis and because of my fears I have decided to go for that. Thinking of going to see my GP for another opinion and possibly a referral to my gyny in Albany who found the cancer for his opinion. Just have some serious intuition telling me it might come back if I don't do more. I don't know what else to do. Still it doesnt change the fact that I'm even more confused than I was before. Mainly because one minute they said no chemo then they said they might offer me it because of the aggressive nature now they say no again. Talk about a head .... (get my meaning!. Not saying I want chemo but I don't want to be revisiting this in 2 years. So now I am trying to make some sense out of all this and prepare for radiotherapy which will be 5-6 weeks of and probably start in less than 5 weeks. Bring it on! All the best everyone x J
0 Kudos
evaboo
Contributor

Hi Juno, Have a chat with you GP, talk to the Cancer Nurses on here and get another appointment with your GYN. You can never have too much information. Eva x
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.