new to group

Not applicable

new to group

i have a open mind. im unsure how to do this. i hope some1 will help me to get through this. im looking for friendship and maybe a platonic relationship. im lonely
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable

Re: new to group

Hi BarbieDoll2010, Welcome to the site, I’m sure all of us felt a bit apprehensive writing our first post. Don’t feel lonely, plenty of people here to talk to, sharing similar experiences. Regards, Reindeer
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Welcome Barbie :) I think cancer is a very lonely experience if you let it be so please take advantage of knowing that we are all here for you to talk to at anytime, so feel free to let your emotions out. Take care Mez 🙂
0 Kudos
Not applicable

thanku for the reply. im off to townsville on the 22nd of june, going to spend quality time with my grandson (6) heis birthday the 23rd. just hope not too hot as the sun and cold play havic with my head. we dont have a sight like this in tassie so im hoping others from tassie are on here also.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi BarbieDoll, Have a wonderful trip to Townsville, that is something to look forward. Hopefully it won’t be too hot up there this time of year. It will be lovely for you to see your family and enjoy your grandson’s birthday party. Six year old birthday parties can be such fun for everyone. Have a great time. Regards, Reindeer
0 Kudos
chris_martin
Contributor

Hi Barbie.Hope you have a great time with your grandson. I do not have cancer but my dad is terminally ill and the one thing that is getting me through is my 4 grandkids aged 9 6 4 2. I really envy young children as they are so resiliant and can seem to get through more than us adults can. Have a great trip and enjoy grandsons party. Chris
0 Kudos
KatDoe
Occasional Contributor

Hi Barbie, I'm new here too. I do not have cancer, but my dear father has it. And he is very lonely too, even if my brother and I are around all the time. I agree with Chris that children bring life around. That's why I try to bring my 9 month son to see my dad as often as possible. It makes him laugh and smile 😃
0 Kudos
Stitch
Contributor

Hi Barbie, This is not a time to be alone. Too many people have cancer these days. I hope you can get a few people from Tassie for your close support. I told my friends what I have - that way they dont assume and get wrong gossip or info. It was hard telling at first, then became a healer of sorts as I spoke openly and honestly, so close friends became a better support so I was not alone. I only have my husband, our son and sister in law with her hubby & young kids here, so I needed support. Best of luck xxoo
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.