New Contributor

newly diognsed with cervical cancer

Looking for others who have been recently diognsed with cervical cancer
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Robyn
Occasional Contributor

Re: newly diognsed with cervical cancer

Hi Kate We have a group called gynaecological cancer that you can join on here. Go to groups up the top right of this page in the blue heading, click on that and you will see a list of groups. Scroll down to the gyny group and click on that and you can request to join the group. Some in the group had had cervical cancer. I have also had a rare type of cervical cancer but I am 2 years out from end of treatment. If you have any questions please feel free to ask anytime. Cheers Robyn
0 Kudos
kateleslie80
New Contributor

Hi am 35 4 children and have been diognsed with stage 1b cervical cancer and about to start external beam radiation therapy anyone with advice
0 Kudos
Robyn
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kate It can get tiring towards the end so accept any help with the children, housework etc. The bowels can become a bit loose and you might have some urgency to use them also. You skin can become a bit red and sore towards the end but radiology will give you some sorbolene to rub on it. I didn't find it too hard. Cheers Robyn
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.