now what next i wonder

tisme
Contributor

now what next i wonder

few months ago diagnosed with 3 types of arthritis since then diagnosed with invasive carcinoma ( breast )  had the lumpectomy, saw the doc , it will be 6 weeks as of 1st May when i see the surgeon again , and a week after that I see the oncologist.  I was told by the doc at the last appointment that its a small cancer and i will be given radiation and hormone therapy.   I fear that by the time i get trreatment it will be bigger or something.   I know my life isnt worth anything to any one cept my autistic daughter .  there is just me and daughter now , friends i thought i had i dont . i  didnt know depression could go this deep but it can and though psychiatrist has upped the meds ( last year) i ve not seen him since then cos I cant get there so I upped them myself but they dont help  isnt it so typical , spend your life helping everyone else then when you need help ...........................

4 REPLIES 4
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: now what next i wonder

Morning @tisme, how are you doing this morning?

I can well understand how scary all of this is for you, have you spoken to Cancer Council at all? We have a program called Cancer Connect, where you can speak to one of our trained volunteers who have had the same or similar cancer and/or treatment and are now well again. Many people find this very helpful, as you get matched with someone who has been there. Give 13 11 20 a call today if you get a chance and ask about Connect.

Can I ask how old your daughter is?

Sending hugs Heart

-Kate

Cancer Council Online Community Manager

0 Kudos
tisme
Contributor

HI

she is 35, i was supposed to be at radiation preparation today but couldnt get to the bus that goes to the RBH in the next suburb. so I had to cancel.   im not looking forward to the bus ride to brissy and back judging by the way I am after a trip to redcliffe  but ...........

0 Kudos
looker_labs
Contributor

Taxol is vg but you have to make your appointments

or get a serious EMT to get it to you because

even IVIG 'walks' and I have seen and administered

improperly $1000 worth of drug

0 Kudos
looker_labs
Contributor

are you keeping up with that?

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.