tisme
Contributor

Re: Anxiety about cancer returning..

im 5ft 7

0 Kudos
OzStu
Contributor

And I assume you're in your late 50s since your daughter is 37yo.   So 5'7"  late 50s  75kgs.   That's pretty good.  Can't see why a dietitian would want you to eat more.  And that's what I mean.    

0 Kudos
tisme
Contributor

im 60  he reckons I'm not getting the nutrition I need , but I'm often afraid to eat  for fear it will up set the liver again though ive been given the all clear for that , and now I'm gaining weight again is driving me crazy  but then i put the weight gain and bloat together and came up with ovary issues.   exercise isnt easy with my other issues , i wont walk round the block any more since I fell and meal prep is difficult due to rheumatoid /osteo arthritis 

0 Kudos
OzStu
Contributor

@tisme 

Have you tried CBT oil for the arthritis?   I hear it's very good for that.   Does your daughter help you out much?   Too bad you don't live around the corner......I have a treadmill I'm getting rid of.

Beware of steriod anti inflamatories  for arthritis.  They will make you put weight on and store fluid.

You have obstacles don't you.  Guess you have to just work on minimizing each one and then get some happiness in your life via friends and activities you enjoy. 

That's the key to a lot of it......distraction and  enjoying life in spite of everything.  My friend who is dying of liver cancer.....I was just talking to him on phone.....he's not scared at all.......he's totally at peace with it......and in spite of his condition......he went motobike riding with a group to Lawn yesterday......last week he was parasailing........And he's taking skydiving training this week in prep for his first jump.   He's living life to the max..... and he just says......I'm dying.....so what.....things will just go back to how they were before I was born......until then.....lets party.   His attitude is amazing.   I don't know how he does it.....but I'm learning from him

0 Kudos
tisme
Contributor

thats my only fear , death , and leaving my daughter alone , we have no family left and friends I thought I had , I dont 

0 Kudos
OzStu
Contributor

Yes, you said she is autistic.  How bad is that?

0 Kudos
tisme
Contributor

she is asperger , intelligent but lacks survival skills and other stuff
0 Kudos
OzStu
Contributor

I knew a guy with that.  He was a little weird,  but he had his own place and worked and looked after himself.  Has a great deal of trouble socializing......has no interest it either......he's aware of what he has and has tried hard to learn to mimic  "normal" people to fit in.   He's very smart....in IT and was earning six figures in the job he had last time I saw him.   I don't suppose you have any hopes of prince charming coming along and looking after her.   It's a tough one.  I suppose you just have to try and include her in what your doing and teach her to be able to look after herself and develop some relationships with people as best she can. 

You have more probs then I, that is for sure.   You're making me feel fortunate.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.