Fear of ct scan coming up

Sharron1
New Contributor

Fear of ct scan coming up

Hi all

This year I have had two cancers. First endometrial cancer that the only sign I had was I started to bleed on New Years Day (happy New Year) then I had hysterectomy booked and was sent for routine CT scan and they found a spot in the lung. 

They told me the endometrial cancer was curable with the surgery but after tests for the lung that came back cancer they weren't sure which to do first. 

Fast forward and I had keyhole hysterectomy and then upper left lobe of my lung removed. I then had 4 rounds of chemotherapy because they said there was some involvement of the lymph nodes near the lung.  

I now have to have another CT scan 3 months post chemotherapy and  am very anxious as when they found the left lung cancer there was also a small nodule on the right lung that didn't light up on pet scan but I am worried it might be cancer now also.      I have not been too bad since finishing the chemo but it was not nice going through it. Don't want anymore 😥

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.