DCIS and breast preservation options

annie67

DCIS and breast preservation options

I'd love to hear from women who know anything about skin preserving and nipple preserving mastectomy. My initial exploration of this site led me to a letter from someone who was advocating for our rights to more information about this, but after registering, I can't rediscover this. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Annette_CCNSW
Cancer Council Team

Re: DCIS and breast preservation options

Hi Annie67

Our community is a safe space for you to connect with others going through a similar experience to your own, to share your story or read others, to access information and seek support.

Cancer Council has evidence based information about breast cancer surgery and treatment choices, here is a link to this information for your consideration https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/?s=breast+cancer+surgery

My attempts have not been able to find a letter from someone who was advocating for rights to more information about this, however those members who have experienced skin and nipple preserving mastectomy may respond in this community conversation following my reply. Also within Australia you can call 13 11 20 to speak with a Cancer Council consultant about cancer information and support for your individual needs.  

I hope this is helpful, kindest regards, Annette

0 Kudos
robinkyle11
Visitor

Re: DCIS and breast preservation options

Who was advocating for rights to more information about this, however those members who have experienced skin and nipple preserving mastectomy may respond in this community conversation following my reply.

Also within Australia you can call 13 11 20 to speak with a Cancer Council consultant about cancer information and support for your individual needs.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.