Pancreatic cancer

margro
Frequent Contributor

Pancreatic cancer

Hey dcs, I'm 5 yrs past a stge 3 pancreatic cancer diagnosis. Had whipples and walked city to surf(14klm)2yrs after!! keep up what your doing.family support is paramount
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
kj
Super Contributor

Re: Pancreatic cancer

Margro Well done i am 8 months after whipple you are giving me something to aim for i have 2 cycles of chemotherapy to go am sitting here fatigued so its good to read of youre fight kj
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Good to have you with us Margo! Well done! What's next? A marathon? 🙂
0 Kudos
smiler
New Contributor

im new to this forum, having had my whipples 9 weeks ago. Just started chemo yesterday and was lucky to be accepted for a "double dose" trial with iv and tablets I take at home. My main issue has been with pain/nausea/fatigue after eating, to the point that it didnt feel like eating was worth the effort. Am a bit disappointed I had to broach the subject of creon enzyme tabs with my consultant who was surprised I hadnt been given them already! Would be interested in hearing other people's experience of these tabs and whether I can expect good results as it does get me down sometimes...
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Wow smiler....way to go!!! I wasn't given creon either,but once I started taking them..they helped heaps. I'm 5and half yrs past being given 6wks to live,,,will see you on start line for city to surf this year Try eating pasta...honestly does work
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Wow smiler....way to go!!! I wasn't given creon either,but once I started taking them..they helped heaps. I'm 5and half yrs past being given 6wks to live,,,will see you on start line for city to surf this year Try eating pasta...honestly does work
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Hi kj, Sorry I haven't replied to you.Keep up the fight,,,,we are legends mate,,,we can beat anything now!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Hi all, Guess what?5 years after being given 6wks to live,I have become a granny!!!!!! My gorgeous grandson,Flynn Jack,was born on May 6th in Vancouver. I am going to meet him next month....can't wait!! Keep the faith everyone,wonderful things do happen Margro
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Margro have a great time in vancouver you must be over the moon kj
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

thanks mate...can you believe I was given 6wks and I now have a grandson!!!!!!!!!!!!!who'd would have thought!!he is the most gorgeous thing ever..xoxo
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.