Requesting for support

melissa1978
New Contributor

Requesting for support

hi i am needing some support, i am a cervical cancer survivor and emotionally not coping, i have just undergone a hesterectomy and was hoping to chat or search for someone who has experienced this also. look forward to hearing from someone! Mel 😞
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Requesting for support

Hey Mel Not a cervical cancer surivor here so cant specifically offer support in that area. Most of us go through similar angsts, up and downs etc.... Welcome to the site. Julie
0 Kudos
Mrs_Elton
Contributor

Hi Mel, Welcome. Maybe there is something in the water/air at the moment, because I am really floundering at the moment too. My hubby has 'the cancer' not me, so can't speak from that side for you, I am sure you will find this site helpful, it has certainly helped me on more than one occasion. There will be someone 'out there' who has had similar experience to you and will be able to offer that understanding that you need. In the meantime, go ahead and share whatever you are feeling with the rest of us, cos it's quite possible that most of 'us' have felt the same as you at some point! Hope your day gets better. Jill.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Mel, I am also a cervical cancer survivor, I have good and bad days. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time at the moment. Please come join us in our group here on the cancer connections site, the link is below & I will send you an invite just click on it and then request membership. Look forward to chatting to you soon. http://www.cancerconnections.com.au/groups/gynaecological-cancer
0 Kudos
melissa1978
New Contributor

Hi Jill, Just touching base on how things are going for you and your husband? Mel 🙂
0 Kudos
melissa1978
New Contributor

Re: Hi

Hi Julie, Just touching base on how you going? Mel
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hiya Mel I am doing ok thanks. how are you??? Still angry with the world? julie
0 Kudos
melissa1978
New Contributor

Hi Julie, I am really angry today, my partner is driving me up the wall and i am so sick of being housebound. Over it! My partner doesnt even ask me how i am feeling and it is just like he is expecting things to be all normal, i am feeling very alone... Mel 😞
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hiya Mel You arent alone, there are all these people that are part of this website that have gone through the same or similar. Your partner is probably struggling with everything that has gone and going on for you both and hopefully you can both work through this bit. :) I have taken myself out for a bit today, sitting in maccas with a coffee and internet connection. lol I am easily pleased it seems! take care Julie
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi all, I understand what you are going through Mel. Its really hard when everyone else kind of moves on and wants to forget about the cancer when you are the one who has to live with all of it. I dont think your partner is much different to mine by the sounds of it. I have struggled to understand how he can just move on from the cancer so quickly when it has changed our lives in so many ways, he never ever wants to talk about it. There are still days now where I get frustrated that he doesnt talk about things even when Im obviously living daily with the effects of the cancer & treatments. Ive come to realise that I can not get that from him and need to reach out for it elsewhere. It doesnt mean that he doesnt love me but its just too much for him. You can always get the support here with all of us and there are social workers you can talk to, basically take it from where ever you can get it. It takes a really long time to recover emotionally from what you have been through. When Im having a teary day (I have them often) I wait for my other half to get home then I lock the bathroom door, hop in the bath, turn off all the lights and just relax. I did this tonight as my legs were throbbing and I felt sad. Half an hour later I felt heaps better. I have another idea but will send you a message through our group now. Keep your chin up.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.