Uterine metastasis in Lungs

Maggiemoo
Occasional Contributor

Uterine metastasis in Lungs

HI again, this is my second post I joined yesterday hoping for some support with my recent diagnosis.

I had my 3 month screens, CT lung, abdo, pelvis recently . plus MRI pelvis, plus full body bone scan.  I  am booked  to have consult with my Oncologist tomorrow via phone re; COVIN-19 for the results. 

I requested copy of tests results from my GP surgery a few days ago..Thinking they were going to give me the previous ones taken a few months ago which I had got the results of but they gave me the most recent.. I  always got a hard copy to place in my file as I have been doing for past few years following diagnosis of uterine carcinosarcoma, MMMT  Dec 2017.

It was a shock to read the report and maybe I shouldn't have prior to consult with my Oncologist.

It stated I have metastasis in both my lungs?  I haven't been able to sleep much  since and wondering what this means??  When I was first diagnosed with cancer  few years ago I was told if this cancer returns I have no hope as it is an aggressive invasive tumor and will be difficult to treat.. It is like waiting for a death sentence these past few days and is another day to wait for My Oncologist to ring me which seems like eternity.  Every minute of the day I am becoming more anxious..

6 REPLIES 6
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Uterine metastasis in Lungs

Hi Maggiemoo,
I understand totally, how you're feeling. Please don't worry too much. I believe your attitude plays a very big part in how things go. I never believe in a time frame given by doctors as everyone is different, & your attitude to life can make a very big difference. There are people who have beaten a terminal cancer diagnosis.
In the report, it sounds like you have now developed deposits in your lungs, but they may only be small. Also, it's been a few years since you were told there would be no hope, & things can change. New treatments may have come out. You never know what can happen, so please don't give up hope.
I wish you all the best
Budgie
0 Kudos
Maggiemoo
Occasional Contributor

Hi Budgie

Thank you for your reply full of hope..

I had the phone consult with my Oncologist today.  She gave me the results of my scans.

It is as you say, the nodules in my lungs are very small and slow growing. The Oncologist recommends I have a PET scan in 3 months.  She does not identify them as metastasis yet and can only be diagnosed with a lung biopsy which I can have now as they are big enough.  I chose to wait to have the PET scan in 3 months.

I am now feeling hopeful and less anxious. 

Thanks again. 

Budgie
Super Contributor

I'm very glad to hear of your change in emotions. I hope the PET scan has good results for you.
Best wishes
Budgie
0 Kudos
Eddymu
Occasional Contributor

How are you going now? Hope things are moving along and you are going ok. ❤️

0 Kudos
Maggiemoo
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eddymu

Thanks for your reply.

I am going ok, still in pain while weight bearing.  Waiting on surgery. 

Found out today it will be in mid July.  I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your concerns.

Maggiemoo 

0 Kudos
Eddymu
Occasional Contributor

Hang in there. Thinking about you

❤️❤️🤞

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.