800 km pilgrimage with stage 4 bowel cancer to fundraise for cancer.

Peregrina
Contributor

Captain Australia’s big lap 👣

Hola CaptainAustralia, you truly are an inspiration….thankyou !!! I have been watching your big walk on YouTube and it is a fabulous journey to be a part of. You are a charismatic character, courageous and resilient which gives me hope for my fundraising effort on my Camino De Santiago. I certainly do not have your charm and wit, nor your ability to sleep rough every night so am seeking some extra advice from Cancer Council. It seems that having a big, visible QR code is a great idea so am following that up. I guess walking the pilgrimage in Spain is my way of healing from the cancer trauma and I no longer want to be defined by this disease so am planning to move past it just like you, and hopefully raise some money to support those who held me up/kept me breathing during the really rough treatment times.

I see that you are setting off on your big lap of Oz on July 16 and I leave for Spain on September 10. I am hoping we can catch up somewhere on your walk either before I leave or when I return home in November.

I will follow you on www.capsbiglap.au and enjoy sharing your next great adventure. All the very best with your training…stay well, strong and happy. You are a legend !!
Reminds me of a quote I read…

Fate whispers to the Warrior “You cannot withstand the storm”

And the Warrior whispers back “I am the storm”.

Ultrya…onwards with courage 🙏💖👣

0 Kudos
Peregrina
Contributor

Re: 800 km pilgrimage with stage 4 bowel cancer to fundraise for cancer.

Hola sch, it’s great to keep in touch…thankyou 😏 I see that CaptainAustralia is planning another “big walk”, around Oz. And, judging by the YouTube stories of his last walk for cancer he will do this grand walk with humour, wit and great resilience…gotta love it ! I would just love to catch up with him somewhere on his pilgrimage…is there any chance that you can leave your little ones for a quick g’day with the Captain 🤔 His courage, strength and great hope for us Cancer folk is inspirational & contagious.

Surely if the Captain can walk around Oz, I can walk the Camino with grace and strength 🤞

Ultreya …. onwards with courage 🙏👣💖

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.