Brain tumor - looking for advices

Larama
New Contributor

Brain tumor - looking for advices

Hello everyone

I just want ask brief question here. It is my first post so... 

Is Any body facing issue with balance ? Because of cerebellum tumor. (  Anaplastic astrocytoma) did  anyone had it and improved their balance and can get back normal movement? Having radiation and now on chemo and physical therapy for twice in week (4months) and still not improving at all.  Had only  biopsy surgery 7 months ago and balance gone bad. 

thank you everyone! 
stay safe! 

4 REPLIES 4
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Brain tumor - looking for advices

Hi @Larama and welcome to our community 😊

That doesn't sound like much fun. Have you had chat with your oncologist or treatment team about your balance issues?

Has anyone here had any experience with balance issues at all?

-Kate

0 Kudos
Roddy60
Occasional Contributor

Had acorn size tumor in right rear part of brain. Did the 'cyber knife' treatment where they precision blast it with radiation ONE time and its gone. Insurance paid 25k for this. So far so good. No side effects. Still have cancer in lung though. Hope you find some relief. I know it sucks. Don't let it beat you down. OK. Rodger
TonySkala
Occasional Contributor

My father had balance issues. Could not balance to put his foot though pant leg on sweat pants. He was far along and recovery was just not in the deck......... But a guy I worked with had chemo for a bone cancer. He had balance issues after radiation and chemo, but he went to therapy and got the balance back. but you have to actually do the therapy. No phoning it in. The exercises feel silly but they are done for a reason. Ask you primary doctor to check out your inner ear. That is largely responsible for balance. 

And so what.. even if you have to use a cane or stick... That is not the end of the world. stick with rehab. and actually do the work. 

Larama
New Contributor

Yes they says because of cerebellum tumor and keep suggesting physical therapy and went for it for 4 months and stopped. Because of lockdown. It didn’t improve at all and now can’t walk without walker and had seizure recently and 2 days completely gone and slowly getting better now.
only balance is worse still.
Very depressed 😔
Anyone tried acupuncture for balance issue?
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.