CHEMO OR NOT??

Not applicable

CHEMO OR NOT??

HI I'M A NEWBIE BUT AN OLD HAND AT CANCER...HODGKINS DISEASE FOR MY 21ST BIRTHDAY! I AM NOW 45 HAVE HAD MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE FOR YEARS, WHICH IS TERMINAL. AT THIS STAGE I TALK AND WALK FUNNY HAVE VERY LIMITED HAND USE AM WEAK AND VERY TIRED BLAH, BLAH (I HATE COMPLAINING) I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH GRADE 3 TRIPLE NEG BREAST CANCER IN JULY, MASTECTOMY (LEFT) 3-4 NODES REMOVED (MY ONLY OPTION AS MY BOOBS WERE SO SMALL) OF COURSE CHEMO - TAXOL AND SOMETHING STARTING WITH C.......WAS RECOMMENDED. MY QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE TOLERATED THIS CHEMO WELL?? AND HAS ANYONE SURVIVED PAST 5 YEARS WITHOUT RECURRENCE? I HAVE 2 DAUGHTERS (7 & 9 YEARS) A GREAT HUSBAND, 2 DOGS AND LOTS OF FAMILY.........HELP
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Re: CHEMO OR NOT??

Hi Lisa, I am also new to this site and am just trying to negotiate my way around. I notice your post was written quite a few months ago, and this response is really late. Just want to let you know I am thinking of you and I hope all is going well with your journey. If you underwent the chemo, I hope you had a positive result. Good luck!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.