Cancer Friendships in WA wanted

mazsa
Deceased

Cancer Friendships in WA wanted

I have made some friends from this site one particular good friend and mate, hi Keith. I live in the metropolitan area of Perth WA and have inoperable pancreatic cancer. As prior to my finding out the "Good News"!!!!!! of my PC I was working mainly FIFO and therefore don't have any friends around the Perth area. I live with my partner who also works FIFO and my daughter who also works full time so life does get pretty lonely and none of my plants talk back to me. Are there any PC fighters on this site that live within the Perth area, if so I would love to get together somewhere and hopefully build a friendship base amongst us. Actually any cancer fighter that wants to meet other people and not just sit at home day in and day out like I do due to appointments, fatigue or just plain not knowing where to go. Somedays I really just can't travel anywhere due to fatigue but if I am able to plan what I am doing I manage to work around my fatigue times. I am a female and I am a young 55 but I tend to get on pretty well with everyone no matter what sex or age. If you are applicable to this just send me a message and I will give you my contact number or we can pre arrange to meet somewhere easy for us to get to.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
loupylass
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cancer Friendships in WA wanted

Hi Mazsa...only just found this post...have you managed to make some contacts to help you through this? I do hope so. I live in Karratha and understand the FIFO way of life....it can be very isolating can't it? I hope you have managed to contact people who will understand how you feel and if you want to contact me then please feel free to do that. take care
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Re: Cancer Friendships in WA wanted

loupylass Unfortunately Maz passed away in September Last year she was a good friend to us sadly missed. kj
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.