I am looking to see if anyone has gone through something similar... this is my story!
I am 33, married with a 21 month old little girl. We had been trying for a baby number 2 for 7- 8 months. I had a really heavy bleed to the point I was drenched to my knees in blood, went to hospital said I was fine. Had another heavy bleed and went to GP, got sent for a scan, they found a 4cm lump. I was then sent to a gyno for further inspection and I was told I had cancer, I tried to hold it together but ended up crying, it was very hard to get my shit together to drive home! Then my hospital journey began, we found out we were pregnant and had to terminate at 11 weeks, this was absolutely heartbreaking!
My diagnosis is cervical cancer stage 3C with a 6cm tumour, treatment is complete I had 25 radiation sessions to pelvis, 5 chemo treatments, and 4 brachytherapy treatments! I now have superficial thrombosis in both arms and have to have an injection each day in my tummy for the next 4-6 weeks! I can’t get a break at the moment. Some days it’s really hard as I have my own business and work each day, look after our little girl and run a house! I want to know if anyone has had a tumour this size and had a positive outcome? My next PET scan is in July to see how I have responded to treatment. I don’t really have anyone to talk to as I am 33 no one I know has been through cancer.... would appreciate someone to talk to and hear some other experiences.
How are you doing today @Tann?
Sending hugs, for everything you've been through ❤️
There are definitely others here that have and have cervical cancer.
Do you have any extra help at home in the form of friends or extended family?
Thank you, I haven’t found anyone else with cervical cancer, would like to get some positive news if they have overcome the cancer!
Yes I have an amazing mother in law around the corner, but she’s busy with her daughter’s 3 kids, so don’t want to put more on her plate, I am managing okay, it’s just harder some days more than others.. xx
I been told i have endo cancer she keeps giving me different diagnosis. I am due have mirena out in 2 weeks then the wait for another dnc. She wanted to take uterus out meaning no more kids i had my meltdown n was ready she cancelled last minute. It took a lot wrap my head around no more kiddies. She called me since n said she got a secomd opinion def cancer. Just annoying couldve had this done back in march before covid. So yeah now i have the wait. Only my kids now know whats going on. Wasnt going tell them til after hysterectomy incase she was wrong she said afyer surgery thats it. Now i fear cause muddle up n getting pains it mite spread. Take any help offered. Theres no way i be able to cope with a toddler running around with the stress of cancer let alone run a business. I am a fulltime carer which lately been a strain cause of my mental health not really dealing with the c word. Especially when no one talk to that really understands. Its great we can talk to others on here even just to say I look okay but falling apart somedays
I am so sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with the C word and are not longer able to have any more kids, I know exactly how you feel and it’s horrible! Do you know exactly what your treatment plan is yet? It sounds like it’s been a pretty messy process for you...try not to stress too much about it spreading, that was my main concern at the beginning also, I was in a lot of pain at the start also. I hope it gives you some comfort knowing we are going through similar situations, would like to keep chatting if you would like that? Take care and thanks for the reply
So far she wants take mirena out in june wait a month do another dnc based on those results which could take up to two weeks to come she prob say hysterectomy again. The one i was booked in to have months ago. Hopefully it hasnt spread or mirena has corrected it. She kept changing diadnosis but last call said she sent to womens hospital in Melbourne and they said cancer. Shes only surgeon here and yes i called the royal womens hospital and tried to get in there but they said you have a gyno even after i told them lost faith cause mucked around. Just frustrating. My eldest telling me just get hysterectomy i told him she has to agree to it and it was her that cancelled surgery two hours before it i was booked in.
Who is this “she” you are referring to your local GP? My process started at the GP, then I went and seen a private Gyno just to speed up the process, then I was in at the Mercy/Austin in Melbourne we live a good hour away from the hospital, how far do you live away from Melbs? It might be a good idea for you to go and see a gyno if you can, it sounds like you have been mucked around a lot, I couldn’t imagine what that is doing to your head! Xx
Be part of this supportive community