GBM TUMOUR

netty
Occasional Contributor

GBM TUMOUR

I WAS TOLD IN AUG 09 YOU HAVE A GBM GRADE 4 WITH 3 TO 6 MONTHS TO LIVE WHICH UPSET FAMILY AN FRIENDS MORE THAN I. WELL BAD LUCK I HAD OTHER PLANS. WENT THROUGH CHEMO (TEMODAL) AND RADIATION AS RECOMMENDED WHICH BROUGHT ABOUT NO CHANGE TO THE TUMOUR. DECIDED TO TRY OTHER METHODS. AFTER SOURCING AS MANY ALTERNATE POSSIBILITIES AS I COULD, I PICKED THE EYES OUT OF WHAT SUITED ME AND HAD GIVEN PEOPLE POSITIVE RESULTS. TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT I HAVE HAD THREE MORE CONSECUTIVE FOLLOW UP SCANS EACH TIME WITH THE TUMOUR REDUCING IN SIZE AND VOLUME. I HAVE NOT SUFFERED ANY SEIZURES OR MAJOR PYSICAL SIDE EFFECTS AND FEEL STRONG AND HEALTHY. THE GREATEST ISSUES I AM HAVING ARE THE PYCHOLOGICAL UNKNOWNS, THOUGH I HAVE NO FEAR OF RIDING MYSELF OF THIS THING IT IS ALL LIFE CONSUMING. CHEERS STEVE..WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TALK WITH OTHER SURVIVORS.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
netty
Occasional Contributor

Re: GBM TUMOUR

0 Kudos
G_A_Fisher
Occasional Contributor

Re: GBM TUMOUR

Hi Nash, Love your strength and thank you for sharing your story. I am interested in what alternate methods you believe are working for you. My husband has just finished his first 6 weeks of chemo (temodal) and radiation with no side effects and we are just arguing about him returning to work full time due to him feeling so well. We are about to have 4 weeks off treatment and them go onto the 6 months of chemo for 5 days once a month. We both feel that the surgery is the only reason he is feeling as good as he is and like you think that the radiation and chemo won't be doing much. I feel like I need to be doing more and was wondering if you could give me any suggestions. I really need to stay positive and at the moment are wanting to hear some positive GBM stage 4 stories because I am determined to keep my husband with me for as long as possible. Amy.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.