Hi - new to site, recently diagnosed Stage IV bowel cancer

DG
Contributor

Re: Hi - new to site, recently diagnosed Stage IV bowel cancer

Oh my i am so very sorry for the loss of your presious daughter Tracey It makes me so angry that the "C" does so much damage to so many people, Such a brave daughter too, may she rest now xx
0 Kudos
ameliasykes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sonya I am just about to start on cetuximab along with another drug. I've been told of the dreaded rash as the main side effect and I am quite scared. It's bad enough feeling like crap on the inside let alone having your outside ruined too. I'm just trying it stay positive in that it will work and I will see results. Would love to chat to you about it. I am 31 years old and diagnosed in March this year. So far have had main tumour on my bowel removed and the first liver resection surgery a few weeks ago. Hoping to shrink the remaining tumours on my liver so second surgery isn't as high risk. Am thankful it hasn't spread to any further parts of my body and wishing everyone here the best of luck with their battles and journeys. Amelia
0 Kudos
ameliasykes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sonya I am just about to start on cetuximab along with another drug. I've been told of the dreaded rash as the main side effect and I am quite scared. It's bad enough feeling like crap on the inside let alone having your outside ruined too. I'm just trying to stay positive in that it will work and I will see results. Would love to chat to you about it. I am 31 years old and diagnosed in March this year. So far have had main tumour on my bowel removed and the first liver resection surgery a few weeks ago. Hoping to shrink the remaining tumours on my liver so second surgery isn't as high risk. Am thankful it hasn't spread to any further parts of my body and wishing everyone here the best of luck with their battles and journeys. Amelia
0 Kudos
ameliasykes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sonya I am just about to start on cetuximab along with another drug. I've been told of the dreaded rash as the main side effect and I am quite scared. It's bad enough feeling like crap on the inside let alone having your outside ruined too. I'm just trying to stay positive in that it will work and I will see results. Would love to chat to you about it. I am 31 years old and diagnosed in March this year. So far have had main tumour on my bowel removed and the first liver resection surgery a few weeks ago. Hoping to shrink the remaining tumours on my liver so second surgery isn't as high risk. Am thankful it hasn't spread to any further parts of my body and wishing everyone here the best of luck with their battles and journeys. Amelia
0 Kudos
Son1807
Occasional Contributor

Hi Amelia! Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis at such a young age. I hope I haven't scared you with my previous post about the rash. I have had acne in the past and I think this has made it worse for me. My oncologist couldn't confirm whether previous acne tends to make it worse with the cetuximab or not. But did say if you don't get the rash, it's likely not working on the cancer. I hope it will work for you so you can have the second liver resection and hopefully be cured!! I'm at the stage now where I think so what if I look bad, as long as it's working and I'm looking at the long term goal. Will you be having the cetuximab weekly or fortnightly? I'm now having fortnightly and to me the rash doesn't seem as bad, and I've only missed the one week so far, so I'm hoping for it to keep settling down. Do you have a history of bowel cancer in your family? Let me know how you go, please. All the best. Sonya
0 Kudos
ameliasykes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sonya, I think I start this coming Monday or Tuesday and should find out soon what the weekly cycles are. I can't believe I'm saying this but am actually hoping and praying I get the rash so I know it's working and blasting those damn liver spots left into oblivion. We do have a history of bowel cancer in our family unfortunately my uncle got it in his early 40's but was cured as it was in his bowel only and hadn't spread anywhere else. I will make sure I keep you posted on my progress as I get the chemo. Am looking forward to my second liver operation to get this crap out of me once and for all. A
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.