Introducing myself

YehYa
New Contributor

Introducing myself

Hello there everyone, My name is Lyn I found this site the other day and I wish I found it much earlier.Like months ago! lol. All the posts/blogs I have read so far have been inspirational and would have been very reassuring when I most needed reassurance. I had breast cancer stage 2 grade 3 removed with a healthy margin and the mother node that was removed was also healthy. My last chemo was on Mon 12/10/09. I'm still on the trial drug Avastan/Bevacizumab which is delivered the same way and frequency as the chemo was.I'm also wondering if anyone else is on or has had the Avasten trials and possible side effects and duration. I finished radiotherapy on the 19th Jan so still not 100% but Im hopeful, no Im sure! thats not too far off. I thought I was way passed the down days/times but have had 2 in this past week. I can't believe I had this site highlighted and open on the page (of the early breast cancer guide/book) to check out then put it my cancer bag as I call it and forgot all about it until I wanted to check out something else in the bag and found it again. Chemo brain I suppose lol Anyway I am looking forward to meeting everyone and maybe even helping others to feel some reassurance in the future Lyn
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Mrs_Elton
Contributor

Re: Introducing myself

Hi Lyn, Welcome (I always feel awkward about saying that on here because in reality, none of us wish that we even needed to know the site existed). You are so right, this is a great site and is definitely able to provide friendship, understanding and inspiration. It is really useful when those down days occur. Visit frequently!! All the best, Jill.
0 Kudos
YehYa
New Contributor

Thank you for the warm welcome Jill. I was having a bit of a down day the day I registered on this site, Tuesday or Wednesday. I read what a few had to say and felt much better. Just knowing your not alone really does help, reading of what others have been through before me has shed some light at the end of my tunnel and I appreciate that heaps. I will be visiting fequently and hope to ease others in the future. All the best, Lyn
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hiya Lyn Welcome and yes this site is wonderful in that it provides us with evidence that we are not the only ones to have what we think are strange thoughts or experiences. 🙂 Julie xo
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.