Introducing myself

Livelife01
Visitor

Introducing myself

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma- Low Grade four years ago.  Since then I have had radical surgery to remove my cancer. However, it reappeared in the lymph nodes in the abdomen. 

I have been very fortunate with my treatment. I take Famara once a day. I recently had a CT scan and it showed that it is stable, a PET scan 4 days earlier showed no cancerous activity at this point in time. So I’m a little confused re: the lymph nodes, but have great faith in my remarkable doctors. So for now I am feeling relieved. 

I know my cancer is very rare, but would be nice to hear from other suffers of this type of cancer. 

Till next time...love living life🌻

3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Introducing myself

Hello @Livelife01 and thank you for introducing yourself!

Thank you for sharing your story Smiley Happy

Has anyone else had or living with Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma or similar that could offer any insight?

0 Kudos
Tobi
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Tobi
Occasional Contributor

Hi
I also have endometrial cancer. I was diagnosed in 2013 as stage 4 when i was 37. I had never had kids.... It raised its ugly head a year later (after chemo, radio, radical hysto), again 7 mths later. To date it has come back 5 times. I have had 2 surgeries to remove tumours (liver and diaphram), another 2 rounds of chemo and hormones. I have checkups every 6 weeks. I feel great at the moment (checkup tomorrow having had a scheduled PET on Monday). Lymphedema is an issue but a small price to pay. I am now having massages every 2 weeks.
I go to the gym 5 days a week which i love.
Happy to chat to anyone else who has this cancer. To date i haven't met anyone!
🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.