Introductions

Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Introductions

Welcome Chelsea! wow gal... you have along way to travel for your treatment and follow up appointments (I lived in WA for 6 years in my 20s). Living in WA must be even more isolating for a YAC than us guys over here on the east coast. so, i am so glad you have found this site and joined this group :) With you being only 1 year post your diagnosis, its no wonder you are finding difficulty in 'getting back to normal stage' flowing. Hey... what is 'normal' anyway?? - especially after being confronted with our own mortality at such a young age through a diagnosis with cancer!! I am sure you will find some great new friends here as this group grows who you can share similarities with and help you move forward. Happy connecting, Nikki
0 Kudos
Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

Welcome Liz! You having had your experience with cancer begin over 20 years ago brings a certain level of understanding and insight that I am sure many of us YACs here need and want. Just to hear of how you have coped and moved forward each time with your many cancer diagnosis over the years is sheer inspiration! Happy connecting and thanks :) Nikki
0 Kudos
lizyole
Occasional Contributor

Hi Amanda, I just wanted to say isn't been off the thyirod hormone for all that time absolutly horriable, it makes you feel so crap they did it just before I had my RAI and then for a test afterwards. When I had it done years ago I didn't notice it as much because they didn't put me on it untill after the surgery and tests. Did you know there is a needle you can have so you don't have to do it the other way I found out afterwards it is a bit pricey though Liz
0 Kudos
AmandaC
Contributor

Yeah I was told because I had just had a baby it was to high a risk, apparently it can cause clotting which is already a risk for mothers who have had a baby in the last year. If I ever had to do it again I would definitely ask for it, I am still not level 3 years later its such a battle.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.