Just wondering what helps people stay positive through chemo.

nessk
Occasional Contributor

Just wondering what helps people stay positive through chemo.

Just wondering what helps people stay positive through chemo. I've just had my 2nd chemo for breast cancer and seem to be finding it harder to be positive and are staying in the feeling sad and sorry for myself longer. Surely my beautiful children should be enough to help me smile. Yes Chemo is there for the greater good, but it sucks and I need to get my mindset stronger. So any idea's for what helps anyone to feel better about things would be great to know and give a go.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
kj
Super Contributor

Re: Just wondering what helps people stay positive through ...

nessk I think you shouldn't be to hard on yourself for feeling that way, Chemo affects everyone differently.I done it hard during my chemo and someone else who was having chemo at the same time swam in a race I thought what is wrong with me why can't i do that,I was so tired and sick,I gave myself a little slack and just looked forward to the end of chemo, you can not be supposedly positive all the time, just think of those who do not have the option of chemo good luck with your treatment kj
0 Kudos
nessk
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Kj. :) I know I need to be easier on myself. I keep telling myself I'll been nicer to myself and give me a break next chemo. But then I stress and it all goes back out the window. I took the step today and rang the cancer council helpline and that was a big help to talk to them. Ness
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

nessk Well done, good step you have taken today,stress comes with having Cancer you just have to find what helps you. kj
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.