Life is changed

flight
Contributor

Life is changed

I did not expect to be diagnosed with cancer. When it happened, it turned my world upside down. I once said to a friend that my life used to fit into this nice, neat little bucket. Then cancer came along and kicked my bucket over; pieces of my life spilling out across the floor. As I gather up these pieces, I hold each individual piece in my hand and examine them for the first time. During this time of self examination, I find that some pieces are missing. I will never get these back. Others are damaged and changed forever. Then there are the pieces that I choose to leave aside. I don't want these ones any more. As time passes, there are new treasures that fill these empty spaces inside my bucket. The contents of the bucket changes. My life has changed. I know that my life will continue to change. Nothing stays the same forever. I find that, with time, the bucket begins to fill once again...
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AmandaC
Contributor

Re: Life is changed

Hi Flight, I can relate to your analogy and I think we all feel the aftermarth of our illness leaves us changed and somewhat fractured. Rebuilding our lives and discovering the new pieces of the puzzle is such an exciting process, which we can experience with new eyes. It sounds to me like your bucket is full already. XX Amanda
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.