Not sure if I belong here...

Nic37
New Contributor

I was diagnosed with grade 4 melanoma in May this year, thanks to 2 golf ball tumour mets in my brain, and one in my groin. I have no known primary. I had no idea I even had Melanoma. I looked at the skin cancer forum, but frankly, I can't see that I have much in common with anyone there :)Groin mass removed, and have had no further trouble there. I had the 2 original brain tumours removed, but scans revealed another one. I went back up a month later to have Stereotactic Radiosurgery on the other one, and they found a second, so I had them both zapped.Next follow up showed another tumour which was treated with SRS, and 6 more residuals around the previous surgical sites which we aren't hitting with radiation at this stage. I started Fotemustine chemo this week.So... that's my story in a nutshell!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
admin_one
Contributor

Hi Nic,we don't seem to have yet that many brain tumours people but I do know of a well known group that exchanges emails on a discussion board in yahoo. This is their link Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OzBrainTumour/It is a private group but if you tell them Raul from Cancer Council told you of the group and tell them a bit about what you have shared here you should be able to join.Best wishes 
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.