Retreat

lady_koala
Occasional Contributor

Retreat

Hi In August 2013, I attended a retreat for cancer sufferers and survivors. I found the retreat most helpful to me, the meditation breathing and relaxation, and massage, along with group therapy sessions really helped me to understand what I was all about. In say that, I was always a person that didn't understand my own conflicts in life. I came away from the retreat more informed, and appreciating life and other people in general. It was better than I expected it to be, am glad I went. Hugs and cheers lady koala 🙂
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Jenna
Occasional Contributor

Re: Retreat

that sounds really good, what a great idea to go to something like that. It's good to meet others who have gone through or are going through some similar experiences. I went to Soiree a few weeks ago, which is the cancer council support group for women who have had or are going through breast cancer. They meet once a month in different areas and groups and they email what's on the agenda so I can see if it's something that would interest me. Jenna
0 Kudos
lady_koala
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenna Hope you are having a great weekend! In your last conversation...you mentioned you had attended a Soiree...which is a cancer council support group...haven't heard of that one...I am going to join the Port Macquarie Hastings Breast Cancer Support Group...have to travel there...but as there is no support group here...I don't mind doing that. I have been making my own Christmas cards to send...and that keeps my mind occupied...what have you been doing of late and how are you keeping yourself? Sending hugs and take care. Cheers Barb xoxo (lady koala) 🙂
0 Kudos
Jenna
Occasional Contributor

Hi Barb, Yes the weekend was good thanks. The Soiree is for women who have had breast cancer, I go occasionally and they have some interesting topics. It's not too far to get to and nice to have a night out. That's a good idea to make cards for Christmas, its nice to get something personalised and hand made. I'm still trying to have a clean out, or spring clean type of thing. Slowly chipping away at things. I'm going well in myself but life gets so busy I would like to have a holiday and do nothing for a change! I've been doing some experimental cooking lately which I enjoy. Making some home made vegetarian and vegan meals for fun. I find that enjoyable and relaxing too. Jenna xx
0 Kudos
Kayleemaree123
New Contributor

Hi there, Do you mind letting me know what retreat you attended?
0 Kudos
maxineokeefe
Occasional Contributor

The idea of a health retreat sounds amazing! I've heard that Chi Gong or Qigong is amazing for circulation and wellbeing as well. Has anyone tried any Chinese Herbs that helped with recovery for Chemotherapy? Best, Max x
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.