Secondry Cancer of the Appendix

purpleangels
Contributor

Re: Secondry Cancer of the Appendix

Gwen! I just thought of something.... My husband saw a Chinese TCM doctor a few weeks before his peritonectomy. He got quite a few herbs and had a lot of acupuncture before his op. He feels that this really contributed to him having a better recovery after. But it was a TCM doctor..... And he actually put his hands on Bob about a week before the operation and told me what Prof would do, and when Prof called me to tell me what happened, it was eerily like what I had heard from the Chinese doc the week before..... Spookily so! But I forgot about that till just then when my husband asked me for money to get some acupuncture tomorrow. PA
0 Kudos
Stitch
Contributor

Thanks for that info PA. I may go & see some one like that if I get time. But first I will make sure I get all my customers work finished. That will keep me de stressed lol. I am looking forward to easter weekend away from the work. I will keep my head up & positive. Thanks xxoo
0 Kudos
Stitch
Contributor

Thanks for that info PA. I may go & see some one like that if I get time. But first I will make sure I get all my customers work finished. That will keep me de stressed lol. I am looking forward to easter weekend away from the work. I will keep my head up & positive. Thanks xxoo
0 Kudos
LiveLife
Not applicable

Hello, I have joined the posts because my sibling has this cancer, the surgery is yet to be planned, the waiting game takes so long and I cant imagine how hard that is. I heard there is a wait list for WA patients, we have been told the surgery will be at St George in Sydney, but having a chemo port put in first. How long did you have to wait, when are you booked in? Cheers Live Life
0 Kudos
Stitch
Contributor

Hi Live life, It is a hard thing the waiting game. I am having my opp next wednesday. the 18t It is getting scary now. I had my laproscopy in Jan so my wait is 3 months. that is normal. I hope you sibling has a good result. I dont know what or how my sisters feel as we have just lost a sister. I dont think they want to think about me yet. I have just got back from camping. it was a good break away but I feel like I should have been doing something constructive to get ready. Tell your sibling to swim to strengthen the lungs, walk to tone muscle & also to do some exercises to sterngthen the back. All this helps with recovery :-) I feel that I have been taking small steps to complete tasks instead of looking at the huge amount of work I had to do. It was easier to think of what needed to be done by the end of the week rather than by surgery time. I am rambling now. oh well my time is nearly here. Bring my challange on ... Free bed, food, service & all the drugs required .... I have got out my puzzle board & started a puzzle so it will be waiting for me. Best of luck to you all xxoo
0 Kudos
Stitch
Contributor

Hi Live life, It is a hard thing the waiting game. I am having my opp next wednesday. the 18t It is getting scary now. I had my laproscopy in Jan so my wait is 3 months. that is normal. I hope you sibling has a good result. I dont know what or how my sisters feel as we have just lost a sister. I dont think they want to think about me yet. I have just got back from camping. it was a good break away but I feel like I should have been doing something constructive to get ready. Tell your sibling to swim to strengthen the lungs, walk to tone muscle & also to do some exercises to sterngthen the back. All this helps with recovery :-) I feel that I have been taking small steps to complete tasks instead of looking at the huge amount of work I had to do. It was easier to think of what needed to be done by the end of the week rather than by surgery time. I am rambling now. oh well my time is nearly here. Bring my challange on ... Free bed, food, service & all the drugs required .... I have got out my puzzle board & started a puzzle so it will be waiting for me. Best of luck to you all xxoo
0 Kudos
Stitch
Contributor

How do you delete these comments when they double up? It is frustrating when this happens lol
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

So sorry. I have not heard of this before. I hope all goes well for you. It looks as though it's your turn for some good luck .
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.