Short term

Lange
Occasional Contributor

Short term

It's not the long term results of this illness which bring me down each day it's the day by day stuff. I know it wll take me in the end, o.k. Got that. How do you survive the the hour by hour stuff, the day by day stuff and keep going? It is in my face 24/7. I pray, and receive comfort. Than an hour later I'm down again. It's the day to day that is destroying me. What do you do? Lange
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kj
Super Contributor

Re: Short term

Lange Just a suggestion if you have not already ,speak to your GP he may be able to help and or organize someone to speak to about how you feel, I was told awhile ago by a wise person that we all are going to die at some stage, some sooner some later and that I just may fall into the sooner category once I got my head around that I was ok with how I accepted my life and I was no longer to stressed.I enjoy my life and what I can do, not focusing on what I can't do, or what may happen.That's what helps me. kj
0 Kudos
timvick
Occasional Contributor

Re: Short term

Yes I can back up KJ's comments (having met him recently he is a very clear and positive person!). I struggled for months with depression knowing I was going to die (they gave me three months) but I had accepted my fate and wanted to do what I could to be happy and leave my mark. Now they tell me I'm in the clear so I had to change my thinking and look forward to living much longer than I thought. See your GP and ask their advice re. anti depression tablets, etc. I got Mediation & Relaxation CDs from the Cancer Council of WA and put them on my mobile and they helped a lot. Best of luck Lange.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.