Three years in - just found Cancer Connections!

Jennie
New Contributor

Re: Three years in - just found Cancer Connections!

Hi Flowerpot. I beat you! 5 years in & just found Connections!! I'm 51,started with endometrial cancer & have had spinal metastates for 4 years. I'm a nurse (still, in my head!) & it was awful to stop work. I had three years of chemo twice a week & radiotherapy 3 times a week. Saw my youngest graduate from High School, my oldest turn 21. My oncologist then told my former husband (he's still my best friend & Power of Attorney) & I that the tumour was just climbing up my spine despite treatment. I was sick of being sick, bald spending so much time in hospital etc. So I chose to stop treatment in January last year. I'm now under Palliative Care at home. I live alone with my 2 cats. My kids are three blocks away with their dad & his new husband (yes, he's gay). I struggle badly with pain. I can no longer drive, so am very dependant on others which is really frustrating. Outings are in wheelchairs, & they are rare. I get very very lonely. That's why I'm here. To talk to people. To listen. As a nurse, I can answer some questions. I'd just like to make some new friends & support others. Thanks.
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Hi Jennie Welcome, your input to help others will be appreciated especially being a Nurse,and I am sure it will be reciprocated sorry to read about your pain and diagnosis. I found the use of a computer later in life and it has been a godsend for me to communicate with others diagnosed with Cancer and there carers during my times of doubt, I have been blessed to go in to remission but my thoughts are always with others who are not so fortunate. kj
0 Kudos
Jennie
New Contributor

Thanks KL for the response! So glad to hear you are in remission plus you are still chatting on here to others. It's nice to find a place where I can communicate with others in the same or similar situations. Friends don't want to talk or listen to negative stuff much & my children don't need to keep hearing it. They know. My daughter will have a wedding without her mum there, & kids..... And it breaks both our hearts. I'm crying as I type this!!! I hope to hear from you & others. It's a rough ride! Thanks, Jennie.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.