Timing for looking for other work and health checks

deejjay
Contributor

Re: Timing for looking for other work and health checks

After several months of nothing and even phoning a couple of times to find out when I would receive a letter and thus be able to get feedback I got a phone call. They said that I had made the eligibility list and should have received a letter (I haven't yet) and they had some temporary work (I would keep my current job and go over to this new department job for the time if I got it) and they were contacting people on the list to see if they were interested. I said I was and asked to come in and see them which I do tommorrow. I'm not sure if they are seeing a few people and I'm not sure if they have found out about the cancer and I'm also not sure where I stand with a health declaration seeing it's temporary rather than permanent but I'm sure I will find out more at the interview. Before the interview I'm going to do a mock interview with the breast care nurse so I can practice explaining I'd like part time work for study and disclose the cancer. The breast care nurse says she looks forward to playing a "mean employer".
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Good luck Deejay ... I am sure you will be fine and good for your cancer nurse offering to be a meanie ... lol
0 Kudos
vinouche
Contributor

Good luck Deejay, I have always believed that telling the truth is the way to go, as they would possibly find out anyway, and it is better that you tell them rather than someone else. It is good to practice with someone. I wish you all the best, and do let us know how you get on. S
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.