bladder cancer stage 4

shez
Not applicable

bladder cancer stage 4

Hi is there anyone who has a similar stage of bladder cancer who would be interested in chatting? I have had 6 months of chemo and the tumors have responded well. Yay!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mandymoo
New Contributor

Re: bladder cancer stage 4

Hi! I have stage 4 secondary bowel cancer. I would love to chat! I only found out 3 months ago that I had cancer so to go from 'it's just a tumor' to stage 4 in 3 months has been a real party! I have not yet started chemo. I am undertaking a few months of alternative therapies. I am a holistic counsellor by profession and I intend to try everything i can before I go down the chemo road. But I would love to hear from anyone. I would like to hear your story, what chemo drugs you've had, what worked, what didn't, what side effects you have suffered, everything! This is a strange and wonderous, scary, crappy, journey we are all on and i would love to connect with other young people going through similar journeys. I have children and a partner, and having stage 4 brings up all sorts of thoughts and emotions. I would love to hear from you. Let me know if you would like to chat. cheers, mandy
0 Kudos
mandymoo
New Contributor

Hi! I have stage 4 secondary bowel cancer. I would love to chat! I only found out 3 months ago that I had cancer so to go from 'it's just a tumor' to stage 4 in 3 months has been a real party! I have not yet started chemo. I am undertaking a few months of alternative therapies. I am a holistic counsellor by profession and I intend to try everything i can before I go down the chemo road. But I would love to hear from anyone. I would like to hear your story, what chemo drugs you've had, what worked, what didn't, what side effects you have suffered, everything! This is a strange and wonderous, scary, crappy, journey we are all on and i would love to connect with other young people going through similar journeys. I have children and a partner, and having stage 4 brings up all sorts of thoughts and emotions. I would love to hear from you. Let me know if you would like to chat. cheers, mandy
0 Kudos
Jane_R
New Contributor

Hi Mandy, I am not a young person although I feel I am maybe not so much at the moment. I was diagnosed with rectal cancer stage 3C I had chemo/radiation for five weeks, not a pleasant experience then a six week break before having surgery at the end of April which resulted in a permanent stoma. Six weeks after surgery more chemo but this was ceased due to side effects. I admire your resolve to go down the alternative therapies route. I don't know wether these treatments worked as I have not had scans since being diagnosed these are to be done in mid November. Everything is a waiting game and will be for the next three years with visits to oncology doctor every three months then every 12 months for two years total of five years wondering wether you are to survive. I try to think positively and remember that there are people worst off than me. As for side effects with chemo and radiation, there are many. For me radiation was diarrhoea and radiation burn, chemo was diarrhoea, nausea and fatigue. At present 7 weeks post chemo I am suffering fatigue, severe joint pain and bouts of diarrhoea. Some how in the scheme of things you push through all this and look at the small improvements and try to live as normal a life as you can. Everyone has different side effects and problems. Hope this has helped some what and good luck with everything.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.