negative people

margro
Frequent Contributor

negative people

Hi guys,feeling a bit down.Everything you try and read about this disease is negative and I just want people to know that it is possible to survive.i AM REALLY FED UP WITH BEING POSITIVE ALL THE TIME AND NOT GETTING ANY SUPPORT FROM STATISTICS.Someone please give me something encouraging,I can't keep doing it alone!!!!!!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mollie
Occasional Contributor

negative people

I know how you are feeling. The middle of the night is the worst. It seems all the drs want to do is talk numbers. I am feeling much better just from 'chatting' with you' and that is what we have got to do. Talk about it more. I am sure there are good stories out there. I see a lot of 'views' on the forum, over 100, so join us please. It is hard at the moment as everything is pink for breast cancer and in QLD I havent found anything for pancreatic cancer. But this forum is great.  I am hearing about more people who have had pancreatic cancer and they just dont talk about it. Give us a helping hand please
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

negative people

Hi Mollie,the cancer council have telephone support groups so ,maybe,that might be of help for you...to actually talk to people who are going through the same thing as you.I feel it was probably harder on my family and partner when I was sick than  it was on me.Keep up the good work
0 Kudos
mikey
Contributor

negative people

I think it's important to remember that you don't have to be positive 100% of the time. You're only human. Some days you are going to feel down, some days you will feel sad but that doesn't make you a less strong person.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.