radiotherapy and creams

Rusty
Not applicable

radiotherapy and creams

My wife has finished going through radiotherapy treatment for breast cancer. She is doing quite well, but she still has a lot of redness and irritation on her chest area. Some friends were telling me that they had read about using a herbal cream to soothe it. I think the cream was made of marigolds or something and herbalists call it calendula. Does anyone know anything about this cream or has anyone had any experience or success using it?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

radiotherapy and creams

Hi My friend said that sorbaline worked for her.  She also said that placing a soft rag under her bra stopped the rubbing on her tender skin.  T-shirt fabric washed several times is very soft on breast tissue.  Jen
0 Kudos
MissRen
Contributor

Re: radiotherapy and creams

Hi Rusty, I completed 5 weeks of radiation a couple of weeks ago and found that alternating between sorbolene cream and aloe vera gel has really helped my skin heal. I am at the stage where I am peeling and have noticed that the "new"skin is looking very healthy. I was taking homeopathic calendula drops after my bilateral mastectomy, I was was told it helped the body heal from the inside out. Hope your wife is doing well and that this helps.
0 Kudos
maxineokeefe
Occasional Contributor

Rusty I wish you and your wife the best luck in conquering this battle. My sister bought a cream called Kanpeki from Taiwan which helped her a lot. Please message me if you would like me to send you the link. It was not too expensive and she raves about it. x
0 Kudos
Not applicable

I used two ointments. "Meebo" and another I bought online. Both have a high content of sesame seed oil. I got no peeling or blisters from the radiation burns.
0 Kudos
maxineokeefe
Occasional Contributor

Rusty, have you tried Chinese Herbs - we know a few people who have tried these and they helped bring more energy, reduce pain and improve mood a lot as well as help the skin regenerate faster. Make sure you read about them first though they may not be everyone's cup of tea! Best, Max x
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.