recurrent breast cancer

bronfife
Not applicable

recurrent breast cancer

Hello .. there is a first time for everything... cancer, blogging, meditating! I was diagnosed with recurrent breast cancer April this year...Initial diagnosis Dec 09 - right breast- 7 cm invasive ductal carcinoma & 11/14 nodes involved. Obviously my body did not respond to the chemo & radiotherapy. Following pet scan, further surgery with 5 nodes removed, 3 with the recurrent tumor. On Femara now. Was looking for a Breast Cancer support group...I dont seem to fit the Early Breast Cancer or the Secondary Cancer Support Groups. Is there anyone else there with a simlar diagnosis?? Anyone know of any support groups?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Allicat
Contributor

Re: recurrent breast cancer

Hi bronfife Welcome to the blogging world. I find the Cancer Connections site to be really good for emotional support but if you want specific information for breast cancer you could also try www.bcna.org.au I have only had Early Breast Cancer so I don't know about recurrent breast cancer. I hope your treatment is going well.
0 Kudos
VLASTA
Occasional Contributor

Hi bronfife, just recently I was told about a group which is all about breast and gynecological cancer, their web page is www.breacan.org.au you may find some info there or just google all that is happening to you something will come up. Wish you best luck with your treatments and everything :) Lots of hugs Vlasta
0 Kudos
Delta_Li
Not applicable

Hi there ... I don't have recurrent BC .. was dignosed and treated for triple neg in 2007 .. I found the information from BCNA and BREACAN useful, and there are also some fantastic interactive sites on facebook ... just use the search function. You may also like to have a browse through www.pinkpoetry.org Kindest Del
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.