too young to have brain cancer

RIDNLO
Occasional Contributor

too young to have brain cancer

hi. this is my first post on this website. I have a brain tumour which had a very aggressive cancer growing on top of it. almost finished chemo, but I might have to go a third time around for another 6 months.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RIDNLO
Occasional Contributor

Re: too young to have brain cancer

i have astrocytoma brain tumor which is shrinking in size. feeling good at the moment
0 Kudos
melbourneboybor
Contributor

Awesome! Here's to it shrinking and shrinking and disappearing! How else have you been? How is your family? It is a difficult time for you first and foremost, but I just want to check in and see how you're going with your 3 kids
0 Kudos
RIDNLO
Occasional Contributor

yeah the family is great. kids screaming, wife smiling. im feeling ok. got the 3 juniors out to help me wash my car the other day. they really enjoyed it. you have any family, loved ones that are on this journey? thanks for the reply, was nice to have had a chat. hope to hear from you soon. and whatever your going through, I hope you face it head on
0 Kudos
melbourneboybor
Contributor

Hey Riding Low :) Great - sounds like a lovely weekend with the wife and kids. My name is John and my father has Prostate Cancer. His diagnosis is only very new, but we believe its quite aggressive. I wanted to touch base with you and I'm really glad I did. You're reply sounds wonderful... and it bought a smile to my face. I don't know you, but I had this vision of 3 little juniors running around a car with a bucket and sponge! What a great image. And lucky you getting outside to wash the car as in Melbourne where I'm from, this weekend, well, not the greatest of weather. Riding Low - As you're journey continues, be sure to touch base in the cancer forums from time to time. I know I'd love to hear from you, but more so, everybody here who is going through this enjoys each others stories as we all gain strenght from different things. Stay positive - and I'll be thinking and hoping that the tumour starts shrinking away to thin air!! Regards John
0 Kudos
RIDNLO
Occasional Contributor

hey mate. im a Melbourne boy too. washed the car when we had those 3-4 sunny days in a row. sorry to hear bout your dad. sad sad news. it really hits you when you first find out, then you kinda accept it. im not saying that youre at peace with it but you learn to live with the fact time is running out with a loved one. he may live to 100 with it. you never know. but at this point in time, enjoy what you have. oh...the kids acted up on me yesterday. wasn't bloody happy. aw well cant have the best of both worlds. they have to test the boundary every now and then. probably getting my own back. talk soon
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.