2 months before my 5 year resolved date- and I’ve got incurable cancer

Lehiatus
Contributor

2 months before my 5 year resolved date- and I’ve got incurable cancer

Hi all, it’s been a while. Roughly 3 years. I’ve been living my best life, house in the country, happy family, beautiful child, husband, best friends. A month ago I suffered a DVT. Docs labelled it chronic and unprovoked.  Then a week or so ago I had a little turn. My vision flipped upside down, I felt nauseas, and promptly booked a doctors appointment the next day. The doc ordered a brain MRI and because of a cough  and palpitations, a CTPA.

Clots in my lungs and brain were found. I’d have multiple mini strokes. They followed up with a abdomen scan and my cervical cancer is back, mestastisized to my abdomen, omentum and pelvis.

There is no cure.

Ive been in hospital for five days as I can’t stand without my heart playing up. 
My ‘cured’ date would have been 26 July. And I am in utter shock. I don’t know how much time I have left, but chemo and immunotherapy is supposed to start Friday. Please someone give me hope. They’ve used the word ‘palliative’ and I’m terrified. 

2 REPLIES 2
Lilly1
Occasional Contributor

Re: 2 months before my 5 year resolved date- and I’ve got incurable cancer

You are not alone. Fight on. When I feel sad I try to find anything to make me smile just a bit. Like watching something on utube  like a cat taking on a crocodile and the big animal turns tale and runs away from the little black house cat. I am happy to talk to you about anything 

sch
Super Contributor

Re: 2 months before my 5 year resolved date- and I’ve got incurable cancer

Hi Lehiatus,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have more challenges to face yet again.

You went through the challenges of a devastating disease and you managed to overcome the obstacles that it presented and you overcame those challenges with grace.

But now, three years later, to be again facing more challenges.

But I believe that there is hope. Many people who are diagnosed with incurable cancer go on to live for many years. My father was diagnosed with incurable cancer and he went on to live for 10 years.  I think that if they can help you sort out the issue with your heart, hopefully they can get you home soon and you can be at home with your family for years.

Palliative care means that the person who said that believes there is little to no hope of a cure. It gives no indication of how long.

Talk to your treatment team in a meeting and get their perspective. Remember to take someone else with you and/or record that meeting so you have something to refer back to.

There is always hope. You are a beautiful soul Lehiatus.

-Sean

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.