Breast cancer and lymphoma

Susan1
Visitor

Breast cancer and lymphoma

Hi, my name is Susana and I m here to share with you our story.

I have been diagnosed with breast cancer last December and my husband with lymphoma not long after. It's been a struggle, lots of tears and an enormous feeling of loss. Hope, faith comes and goes and life became harder. When I thought couldn't get worse I found out that my husband's chemotherapy isn't working, and is now starting a stem cells treatment. Oh it's hard...feeling hopeless doesn't help me or him but I cant give up and right now I have to be his support. Take care all 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ashley_ccnsw
Cancer Council Team

Re: Breast cancer and lymphoma

Hi Susan1,

Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about yourself and your husband. It sounds so tough and emotional for you both right now. I can't imagine the shared pain you're both processing. I'm so glad you reached out to the community here, I hope you find the support and connection you need during this time for your family.

If there is any extra help and support you need in terms of counselling, or peer support with those also have gone through cancer, please reach out to our 13 11 20 line and we can figure out some help for you and/or your husband.

Thinking of you both right now.

Ashley

CCNSW

0 Kudos
Jess24

Re: Breast cancer and lymphoma

Oh Susana, I'm so so so sorry to hear that. That is so unbelievably hard. What support do you have? It must be so hard to look after your husband while you are going through cancer yourself. 

I was diagnosed with lymphoma earlier this year. Please please please reach out to me any time, 24/7. I am here for you. 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.