Breast cancer- diagnosed 4 days ago, very stressed

Lookingforpeace
New Contributor

Breast cancer- diagnosed 4 days ago, very stressed

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with an aggresive breast cancer 4 days ago, still trying to digest it. I have my PET CT scheduled for this Wed. I am very worried as the KI-67 level is more than 95%...everyday it feels like I am punched on the face with an unpleasant fact. I am struggling to stay strong. My daughter who is Y11 is in her own world. My husband who is a 2 times cancer survivor is supportive however I do not have a strong mother. 

How can I keep strong for myself? Please help me.

Thank you for reading this.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Breast cancer- diagnosed 4 days ago, very stressed

Hello, so sorry about your diagnosis and I understand the shock and anxiety that comes with it. You will know more after Wednesday and once you are given a treatment plan hopefully that will settle your anxiety. I just did lots of crying with my first cancer diagnosis and that seemed to help relieve the anxiety somehow. Do you have a close friend or a sister that will support you?  You can always ring the cancer council to talk to someone if you need to. Sending you love and prayers 💕🙏. LindaG

0 Kudos
Lookingforpeace
New Contributor

Re: Breast cancer- diagnosed 4 days ago, very stressed

Thank you, Linda. I really appreciate your response. I dont have a great deal of luck with my biolohical family. I will call the Cancer Council tomorrow.

I wish you all the best.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.